Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was driving along, rolled down my drivers window, had a cigarette. now i can't roll it up. not only that but i now don't have wipers, front and rear power windows, sunroof, and my heated seat indicator is very dim. i have a long drive home after the holidays and i need wipers and my window up. please help.
btw the fuses for all said malfunctions seem to be ok. i did however have a blown one for my right lowbeam (harness melted due to luminics bulbs)

·
FoFo Lover.
2,884 Posts
Wow...

I would check the relay powering that area.

It's in the same compartment under the hood. I had a relay go after the install of my st170's and my car hasn't been the same since.

·
FoFo Lover.
2,884 Posts
hmm....probably not both of them.

Do you have any tools to check the supplying power to each accessory?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have access to a test light. that should work. btw the heated seats are dead too.
pw windows
sunroof
wipers and washer
heated seats
all have separate fuses and relays. is it possible a 40amp fuse went under the hood that supplys power to the pass fuse pannel?

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
you probly had a short due to the headlight harness melting that caused a major fuse to blow and do a snowball effect. i would start with the fuse/relay panel up against the firewall and check that all out.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i hooked up the test light and i'm not getting power to half of the fuses in the pass pannel. seems like 15amp and up. the manuel says there is 2 massive fuses that send power to the pass fuse pannel. if i'm not getting power to the pannel that would mean one of the massive fuses would be blown.

·
FoFo Lover.
2,884 Posts
that should be right.... i think those fuses are both 40a.

keep us updated....electrical gremlins are the worst.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
thats what i figured. glad you got it solved.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts