Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do not want to go back to my stock set-up. I do not want my HKS System anymore. I want something alot quieter (I didnt say as ricey b/c its not that way). I dont want to go back stock...

Any Ideas? Good Flow, Stealth like.. even w/o a cat.... It doesnt have to be super silent, but maybe close to our stock system?[scratch]

What would it take to put the FocusSport Stealth System on a SVT?

·
Registered
774 Posts
You could do some big straight through mufflers on it - put two 24in Magnaflows on the system, one before the first bend and one before the exhaust hops over the rear subframe. That should mellow the tone out nice and still give you good power.

·
Registered
774 Posts
I will probably do the same for a new 3in exhaust when I go turbo. You want the good flow but you need good tone. Long, well resonated mufflers should get it done. they have different styles. I've seen some pretty big oval resonators for trucks, you could even do something like that.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is true.... I'm just tired of the sound i guess. I'm fixin to be coilovers and slammed on EAP's if you see the look im going for...

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
If you have a stock CAT on your car go with the Ford Racing Borla. I went and bought mine from Ford earlier this summer and I thought it was going to be louder than stock and it wasn't. Its got a way deeper tone than stock and not as raspy and it still sounds good.

·
Registered
324 Posts
borla all the way..... not too loud but enough to be heard

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I'm actually about to start a custom exhaust project. I'm getting the center exit diffuser, going to do 3" flex-back to a twin 3.5 or 4" round pipe DTM style exhaust. Planning on doing around a 30" Magnaflow resonator under the car, no mufflers and a HFC to remain legal

·
Registered
340 Posts
yeah, that has a nice mild tone to it. Good deal, CaysE!

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Yeah I'm doing the same set-up as him but centered :p

·
Registered
698 Posts
Well I have an ORP and the 2.5 inch MBRP and lets just say it is very loud. It sounds good at the lower RPMs but once you get on it, it is pretty raspy. I like it though. If you dont want to be loud dont go with an ORP.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I had an ORP on my HKS and loved it, but the ORP cracked and i kinda 86 the orp and put the cat back on, and now I'm enjoying peace and quiet and want that even more so.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I'm just now starting in on the 2394029348 page thread talking about losing power with 3" on a NA car, if you cn run 3" without loss, I will duplicate that system lol.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I plan to stay na, at least for the time being. I dont want to finance my turbo so I'm saving for about a year first. So for now 2.5 will satisfy me.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts