Votes: 17 51.5%
  • Gold

Votes: 16 48.5%
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im stuck between wether to get black rims or gold rims. i dont have photoshop so i was hoping someone could do some magic on my photos that i have in my gallery. only 17" for me. ive looked around for black rims and not tooooo much comes up. what rims do you think would look good on my car? oh yea and if you have any pics of black foci with gold rims or black rims go ahead and post them up. that would be greaaaaaaaat. [thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb]

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
i've seen plenty of black cars w/ gold rims on this site. they look pretty hott, just do a quick search for new rims, you might find some

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
def gold on black...looks so good.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Eh, on a black car I wouldn't do straight black wheels. Maybe one w/polished lip. I've seen very few black ones with straight black that I like. I'm voting for black.

·
Turbo!!!!
5,797 Posts
I like a nice satin black w/ a polished lip. not a fan of the gloss black. The gold is a little too Muegen for me

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
he he he ALLLRIIIIIIIGHTT!!! GIGADY GIGADY GAAA. haha yea come on guys your suposed to be peer pressuring me into what rims to get! the wierd thing is i havent really seen any like 5 spoke gold rims.....only "rally" style where its like 12 or 16 spoke ya know?

·
I don't care
8,446 Posts
Kazera makes the KZ-B which is a 5 spoke Bronzish-gold painted rim. They may not be "gold" enough for you, but they're a nice clean looking wheel. www.tirerack.com 17 x 7.5 for $159 each.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I think gunmetal looks the best on black cars...

·
FF Veteran Goofball
5,741 Posts
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=86851

Black on gold rims.. I think they are kinda sweet in a gold-ghettofabulous way!

But yeah, if you choose black on black DEF DEF DEF MUST MUST MUST have a polished lip. That gives it a real hot look. Polished AND MACHINED? Even better. [thumb]

(and THANK YOU for not even considering white. That's just the gheyest thing ever.)

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
white?!? hellllllllllllllll no. haha never been a fan of the white rims. and plus up here in washington it rains and it would be a pain in the gluteal region to wash those every time. meaning....they show dirt alot more im sure. haha look at me talk about dirt showing up.........I OWN A BLACK CAR!!! but hey it looks mad crazy sexy when its clean and sparkling!! so yea i think im leaning more towards the gold...it breaks up the car and youre able to take more in. know what i mean? ya feel me?

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Bronze would look good too if you ever consider that.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the weird and funny thing is that my friend has a '04 STi thats black with goldish greenish sparkles in his paint job and he has the gold BBS rims and breaks. it looks mighty delicious......mmmmmmm aghaghaghagh [pray]

·
Registered
60 Posts
my favorite setup ever is a cat around here who has a red mid90's porsche911 (now i know that's cliche as hell but wait).

he has some kinda wheels (momo i think) with a modular spoke type dealy, and he's had these spokes done in red, black, yellow, green and orange. wheels lip and hub are silver.

i'm not makin this up! it freakin kills me, it really does! "rasta man vibration yeah (positive)"

·
FF Veteran Goofball
5,741 Posts
(eeewwww^^ that sounds rather disgusting.)

oooh broooooonze is freaking hot!!!!

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yea i actually saw bronze on a white pugeot over at my friends work. and they were the kazera KZ-B or something like that, they had the machined lip INSIDE the rim. know what i mean? it looked mighty fine

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
gold is cool but u have to work it right. I would go black only with a poslished lip. bronze,gun metal and all those off black colours look sick. IMO they are better than straight black.

I am voting gold.
Logan

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
WORK IT....WORK IT.... maybe like 10 spoke gold?????

·
FF Veteran Goofball
5,741 Posts
Heck, why not 20 spoke gold! REALLY make a statement!

·
FF Veteran Goofball
5,741 Posts
This is the f'in bomb diggity right here...

1 - 20 of 42 Posts