Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[?|] Hi I drive a 2000 Lx 4sp. auto and I would like to make my car run and look better. I would like to install a set of white face guages with a tach in the cluster but I dont know if the wiring connections are the same. Could someone please tell me. Also right now I'm unfortunatly douting my focus and wondering if fixing up a 4spd auto is worth the time and money, I dont want to realy race all I want is to have some bite to back up the bark. If any- body has the same and fixed up theirs could I please have a list of some good but not too pricy parts?

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
if you are not looking to really race the car then you can race up an atx just fine. itll have some good speed but i wouldnt run around tryin to race turbo'd cars and all.

about the gauge cluster. you can buy a gauge face to make it white and im sure you could just buy a whole new gauge cluster that includes a tach, not really sure why you would go about taht but ok whatever dude. someone else will ahve to answer the connections question.

Parts: catback exhaust, intake, 65mm throttle body, pullies, header, down pipe, flex pipe etc (the list goes by the order that i would do it if i was you)

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm trying to get a tach in my cluster also (I drive a manual) and I have been asking around, my car buddy says you can usually get new clusters, but he doesn't know about Focai (he drives a ricer).

If I come across any info, I'll post it here. If anyone else has information, let us know.

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The reason for me wanting to do these things is mainly b/c no one around here has the nerve to do it. No one belives that the focus has potential and its time to shove there words down their throughts. Like I said racing is not important but beating some prick in some Honda would make me the happiest guy around!!!

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
About the last comment in my reply I have no problems with imports or their owners, just certian people around here!! Sorry if I offended anyone

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
The tach from a ZX will fit/connect/work in the non tach'd cars. If you're lucky enough to find one (like I was) that is just a little over your mileage, get it and wait until they match, then swap.

Also, do the IAT mod with a resistor and a potentiometer. It fools the ECU into "thinking" it's getting cooler air than it really is. The potentiometer lets you control how much you fool the ECU. Costs about $5.

"Air in, air out." is a good mantra to follow. A TB, exhaust, header, and a nice port and polish will really do wonders for you.

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Waterboy is there any possible way to get the milege programed in there b/c I'm wanting to get some white faced indiglo guages? Also thanks for the list, but will fooling the ecu possibly create problems?

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
You should be able to get it done for about $75-100. The problem is finding a dealer that will do it. If you've got an "in" at a dealership, then you're golden.

As for fooling the ECU: I have had mine on for about 6 months and no CEL, no issues whatsoever. I also run ZETEC injectors and wiring. The computer could care less...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts