Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While having the 5k service done on the Focus this morning, I meandered around the lot, oogling the purty Mustangs and the single ST they had. This one in particular had my attention as it is the color combo I want and all the options I would want also, if I could ever get a '15 Mustang lol. Broke my heart to have to leave it sitting there....[bigcry]

Maybe someday, Mustang....maybe someday.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Nah...3x the HP, 2x the cost, and a lot less room inside...who would want a Mustang 5.0L? Seriously, what would you do with that anyway?

Going to the dealer to get a trade-in price tonight... ;)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nah...3x the HP, 2x the cost, and a lot less room inside...who would want a Mustang 5.0L? Seriously, what would you do with that anyway?

Going to the dealer to get a trade-in price tonight... ;)
What would I do with it? Stare at it, rub it with a diaper lol

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cameron's dad in Ferris Bueller.

It is his love, it is his passion.

Ferris: It is his fault he didn't lock the garage.
This guy gets it

·
Registered
650 Posts
I know I saw the same car in White but an ecoboost last night. Its in my driveway :)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know I saw the same car in White but an ecoboost last night. Its in my driveway :)
How do like the motor? I dunno if I could settle for less than 8 cylinders in a mustang...

·
Registered
650 Posts
I can tell you the 4 banger is impressive. 310 HP 320 Low RPM torque 25mpg combined. Yeah its responsive as hell! I have 2014 6 cyl and this is way more responsive and ballsy. I JUST hate the pushbutton where it is. The lettering looks like its a decal that you want to pull up. I do like the remote start though :)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I understand that, when I sat in the one above I thought it was a no smoking sticker at first lol

·
Registered
650 Posts
Damn Ryan you hit it right on the SPOT. That is a perfect description!!! The toggles should have been high end rockers.

But I have the "my color" to the blue setting and the turbo and oil gauge scream OHHHHH Baby. The white car does not look like a mustang for some reason. They finally put independent rear suspension so it does drive like a car, I guess. Its night and day compared to the 2014. Some good, some bad.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Bought a 2014 Mustang shortly before the 15's hit the floor. Drive the focus almost every day but that Mustang sure is sweet! Good deals can be had on both leftover new and gently used '14's. Just saying'!

And sure, they are less practical, and it doesn't handle nearly as well as the focus. But it's FUN! (And the top comes down! Which kills handling even further but... you know)

·
__________/\__
2,183 Posts
Bought a 2014 Mustang shortly before the 15's hit the floor. Drive the focus almost every day but that Mustang sure is sweet! Good deals can be had on both leftover new and gently used '14's. Just saying'!

And sure, they are less practical, and it doesn't handle nearly as well as the focus. But it's FUN! (And the top comes down! Which kills handling even further but... you know)
Haven't seen you on the board in a while.

Glad to see you back.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Haven't seen you on the board in a while.

Glad to see you back.
Thanks! I lurk still, just don't post a lot. Didn't think anyone missed me! Ha!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

I wanted to see what the pricing on leftover '14s looked like but they didn't have any on the lot.

·
Registered
650 Posts
They were trying to sell me a 2013 GT premium for a low low low price of $38,000 with 256 miles.. The owner of the dealership personally drove it. I told them that I could care less if Steve Jobs came back from the grave and autographed the windshield I would not pay that price. Offer me $27,000 and I would consider it. This is the same dealership that offered me 8,000 for my MK3. I was riled up that night!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
They were trying to sell me a 2013 GT premium for a low low low price of $38,000 with 256 miles.. The owner of the dealership personally drove it. I told them that I could care less if Steve Jobs came back from the grave and autographed the windshield I would not pay that price. Offer me $27,000 and I would consider it. This is the same dealership that offered me 8,000 for my MK3. I was riled up that night!
Wow, this dealer had 15's with no miles for less than that! Crazy people...

·
Registered
650 Posts
Wow, this dealer had 15's with no miles for less than that! Crazy people...
Miami....sigh. OK I will be fair it was a convertible......still 2013, the trunk lid was fading, rubber molding was moldy and faded. I now travel 53.4 miles to Broward County to purchase and service my car. My came with free maintenance and gap insurance since it was Ford Motor Credit. Three year lease. I had the 2012 redesign MK3 and now redesign Stang. Oh boy lol.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I wanted to see what the pricing on leftover '14s looked like but they didn't have any on the lot.
Yeah, the 15's have been out for quite a while now so any new leftover 14's are going to be few and far between. But there probably still are from. Definitely plenty of low-mileage used offerings, though. Especially ones traded in on 15's.

That's steep! And insane!

I paid $23,000 for my 2014 V6 Premium Convertible. Which, around here, the Convertible and GT Hardtop are priced about the same (and Premium Convertible and GT Convertible Hardtop). Which, I know, is sort of blasphemy to not get the GT. But with 305 horsepower (as much as previous generation GT's), a drop top, much better fuel economy, it was a really good car for what I want it for. It was used though, had a few thousand miles. I was looking at two new ones but gently used for a few grand less was well worth it! And it's been a fantastic car. Everything but Navigation for under $25k? Sold!

·
Registered
650 Posts
Yep Roman, that is a great deal. I have to wait until I hit 1000 miles before I can burn the tires lol. I will post pics tonight if I can.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Can you still get the awesomely low interest rates on gently used? Thought the best rates were on brand new

1 - 20 of 31 Posts