Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I've got a modded out 2000 SE that's sporting a Trubendz 2.5" exhaust. It's wonderful for zipping around town but I find myself making frequent roadtrips these days and need something that is around stock sounding without suffering performance. Is there anyone here with any experience with something like this? I've heard Bosal might have something but I would like to hear from the experts here at FF. Thanks!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's hard to even imagine what stock sounds like now but if I remember correctly the focus was pretty darn quiet even at speeds like 75-80 mph. If the focus sport exhaust can compete with that then I'll likely get it. Next question. I have a 2.5" flex pipe. Do I need to replace the flex pipe also if I go down to 2.25"? Any other brands you all recommend?

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
you could get a resonator for your Borla, didnt you used to post here quite a bit awhile back? and live around FW? and the bosal is pretty quiet too i hear

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I sure did mofo. I put a post up in the regional area. I moved to Oklahoma in August. You say I can get a resonator for the Borla huh. How does that work? When I drive on the highway 400 miles round trip to Texas and back it's just too dang loud. It's great for city driving but I definitely need something that gives me stock sound for the long trips. On a sidenote I lost my post history. Does that happen if you don't post for a certain amount of time?

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
not 100% sure man, i think some weld into the system and really dont hamperformance much,but ive also heard of some removeable ones, there was a thing you had todo when we moved to the new forum where you got all your posts back ill find you a link if youdontfind it b4 me, if it still works that is

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks a bunch. I've been reading up on the Focus Sport stealth and it sounds like that might be a way for me to go. So if I do end up getting it.. do I need to change my flexpipe from 2.5" (Trubendz) and get a 2.25" flex to match the 2.25" flexback exhaust? Anyone else know what I should do?

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
sooner u = sleeper red se with like full exhaust and stuff right?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea that's me. I've been gone for about 4 months because I started college. I decided to come back and see how everyone is doing and ask a few questions. Hope all is well with ya!

·
Registered
281 Posts
I've heard that the APEXi and Focussport Stealth along with Thermal REsearch and Development are the quietest catbacks.

·
Registered
697 Posts
bosal and borla, have expirence with both.

there quite until you put on a header.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Welcome back soonerman---I put a resonater(magnaflow) in the long pipe for my ZX-3 and It is louder under the hood than out the back with 2.25magnaflow shorty racepipe flex etc...No cat at his time so but its all (cat)-back.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks to all for the suggestions. Here is what I did. I called up a muffler shop here in town and asked if they carried magnaflow resonators...they say yes. Get in the focus and head on down. Get there and the shop owner suggests i pick up a glasspack. I ask what brand and he says something I've never heard of. Ok now I look at the magnaflow resonator compared to the glasspack. Glasspack looks exactly like magnaflow and costs a heck of a lot less. So I say what the hell and go with the glasspack. The tech starts cutting into my exhaust and 4 saw blades later has a section cut out. Get the glasspack welded in and start it up. It sounds much better then it did before and that's saying a lot. The tone is much more mellow and is not nearly as loud as it was at highway cruising speeds. Needless to say...I'm a happy camper.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I like loud mufflers,unless they just have a anoying sound to them.The same sound you get if you have a rusted out muffler.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts