Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I need a lift kit for a 01 zetec focus. I've been looking around for a few days and have found a few oddball things like, big boi kits, and air suspension. If anyone knows of any product that is specific to the focus it would be greatly appreciated.

P.S, I'm making a baja out of my sister's wrecked car. So if anyone knows of any baja kits that would be great.[wrenchin]

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
ya, a set of coilovers could give you an inch, but thats about it!

·
Registered
744 Posts
That reminds me of a mother of a friend who traded her 4x4 pickup in for a Volvo turbo. Within a few days, she brought it back to the dealer complaining: "It makes this awful banging sound when I drive up curbs fast." Then she suggested: "Maybe you could put 'tall tires' on it."

Sorry but a lifted Focus just seems unappealing, not sure why.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah man I'll definitely put some pics up, but it most likely will not be done until 3-4 months. I got college coming up. And don't expect some kind of beauty queen to roll out of the pics, this thing is going to be redneck as shit.

NeweracapMAN, I'm looking to add an extra 2 inches.

·
Super Moderator
9,527 Posts
Ok let me get this straight...you are wanting to raise the car two inches higher than what it normally stands? Most of the time I hear people complaining that the car sits high enough already but you are taking it in a different direction. A set of coilovers on its highest setting would give you about 3/4 of an inch higher at the most. That should give you adequate enough room but not the 2 inches you are looking for. Plus raising it that high would throw off the center of balance really badly on these cars and probably cause it to over turn much easier.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, I'll take some pics of it here in a sec. I'm planning on putting spacers on the wheels and wider tires to help with the center of balance.

puppetman, I'll put spinners on it just so you can get your jollies, wal-mart spinners.[thumb]

·
Registered
941 Posts
you need to upload them on a hosting site first. and put the url where you have your computer location.

i wanna see what you can do. if it were me, i'd just custom make some spacers for the front that you could put between the frame of the car and the struts like on a truck leveling kit. the rear, im not sure what you can do there since its IRS. maybe something similar to the front?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ha ha. First of all I didn't do it, my sister did. She was driving home one night after a big rainstorm and a big tree uprooted and fell over straight across the road. She ran right under the stupid thing going about 50 MPH. It's also the same car she hit my truck with and ran into a ditch with. The car is a beast.

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
he was kidding about this thing being redneck as shit.

OP stop the project. youll need a reinforced body as well as a roll cage. so when your shit rolls over your head wont squish like a grape

·
Registered
941 Posts
damn! does she still have her head? lol looks like she may have eaten a twig or two if thats what happened.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
lmao.Yeah, all she got was some minor scratches from the glass. It came like 3/4 inch from her head.

Yeah, I planned on putting a rollcage in it. I don't want to die when I rollover. I have a friend who is one of the best welders in the state (so I'm told). I'm cutting only the a-pillars off.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts