Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well fellas i need a clutch, i was thinking centerforce, im not sure. also might as well change the fly wheel and add lsd too. input would be very helpful have not heard a damn thing about a clutchfor the focus.

·
Registered
388 Posts
i used centerforce on my last car with ~400hp. it was daily driven as well as a weekend drag car.......the pedal feel and effort was just like stock. it never slipped or got soft at the track.

Many of the DSM guys i hang out with swear by ACT, though i have no personal experience with them

i wouldn't have a problem going with either one.

If you told us more about your car we might be able to help you decide on the clutch too....

ACT Info for the Focus...

Clutch Kit Number: FF1-HDOO
Torque Capacity: 261
Pressure Increase: 43% Over Stock
Weight: 14 lbs.
ACT Pressure Plate: F-011
ACT Disc: MZSD069

they offer other ones too for the focus but i don't recommend them for street use.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Ok, first off the centerforce for the focus is crap, plain and simple. Do not buy it.

Clutchmasters, ACT etc are all good. But if you are stock or only have bolt ons, a real trick clutch is not necessary. I also know someone with a SPEC clutch and they love it.

What are your mods?

·
Registered
388 Posts
focaltech said:
Ok, first off the centerforce for the focus is crap, plain and simple. Do not buy it.

Clutchmasters, ACT etc are all good. But if you are stock or only have bolt ons, a real trick clutch is not necessary. I also know someone with a SPEC clutch and they love it.

What are your mods?
What's up with the CFDF and the focus? loved it on my car.....and yes ACT's pretty much rock.

btw: i don't even carry it for the focus so please don't think i'm just trying to defend it cause i sell it [thumb]

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i have fc race header,aem cai, fc udp, 9mm ford wires, but i want to get really strong clutch with lsd because i plan to turbo (yes toms kit, i know the other are shit).

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
All I have heard and seen about the centerforce is bad. Check around on FJ. I know of about 8 cases of the clutches blowing or disintegrating etc.

I must also say they were on cars with high NA hp or FI.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts