Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be getting my Focus in about 4 weeks. I don't have a garage and I can't put up a tarp tent so I am looking for a car cover. Can you help me find one?

I am willing to pay about $150.00.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Just find a decent breathable cover. You want to stay away from someting that isn't breathable because itll hold in moisture. While it shouldnt be a huge problem being that you're in Ca, something that breathes is beneficial.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
check out autoanything.com they're a pretty good site to buy from.

·
Registered
20 Posts
E-Bay dude. that's the place. I buy a new one there every year to a year and a half. A good one cost about $50. I live in NE Pa. and the covers don't last more than that here. The sun bakes the crap out of them in the summer and they slowly lose the protective coating and rot away because of the temp changes. Well worth it tho! I almost never wash my car ~ I only have to dust it - hold the laughter plz! the plastic dash and exterior trim doesn't get faded or sunburned and paint is like new! No oxidation cuz of the sun. Lots of other positives too. No road dust creeping and laying under the hood or in the door frames. Sounds silly but I really notice how clean the motor and underhood stays. Try E-Bay and look CLOSE! I think the same batch of slave labor workers make all the covers and the various re-sellers have different mark-ups so the cost can vary big time! also FYI some sellers will offer the same cover under different listings at hi and lower prices too!

·
Registered
56 Posts
You dont need to spend that much money. Thats just wasting your money. Go to autozone, napa, ect and you can get a 5 star wind,rain, and sun protection for about 80 bucks. I got one for 30 for hurricane irene and it worked great. Also you may wanna make sure it has brackets/straps so it doesnt fly away during high winds. If it doesn't go to lowes/home depot and get rope or cables.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Walmart does have some too. You can get away with a somewhat cheap cover if you don't expect the world out of it, but remember you really do get what you pay for in most instances.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts