Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I'm thinkin about gettin back into the focus thing. I sold mine because there always seemed to be something wrong with it. Must've got a lemon. But I was goin through some old pics of my focus and, I miss it.

So... I'm goin to UTI and once I graduate, I might get me a SVT focus. But the SPI will always be my favorite.

·
Registered
73 Posts
^^ agreed, i never posted much but i really took off on my new forums and i figured now that i can post without getting flamed why leave this forum?

·
Registered
818 Posts
eh, screw the SVT. If I was buying a newer focus I'd go right to the 2.3.
But if I was looking for a bargen I'd get a Zx3 5 speed. The Zetec has proven reliable.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
yeah some particular cars are very problematic, while another car with the same engine and everything is basically a tank, I havnt ever owned a SPI, but my zetec was awesome, no problems besides normal maintenece. I am almost tempted to think it was as bullet proof as the ford 300 CID I6 I had.

I think your making a good choice, these cars have a huge aftermarket supply of performance parts, and are very cheap to run when compared to other cars.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
i say stick w/ the 2.0L zetec or spi!! you just can't go wrong!!! the duras make more power stock, but the only good upgrade is a turbo kit!! zetecs/spi's/svt's have more parts!

·
Banned
1,355 Posts
I'd say get a new Focus with the 2.3. I have an SVT and if I had the cash I would snap up on of those sexy new coupes, the only good mod for the SVT is a turbo kit also.

·
Registered
247 Posts
the only good mod for the SVT is a turbo kit also.
i think thats a lie lol [:p] if i was to buy my car over again id get an SVT, get a Tune, suspension, LSD, nice clutch and light weight flywheel, and then go rock some autocross

·
Banned
1,355 Posts
My mods are in my profile, I have everything on your list minus the LWFW, clutch and LSD (probably replace that when stock blows) and the power is adequate but not OMG fast. Its a great car, don't get me wrong, I LOVE my car, but if true speed is what your after a turbo is the way to go.

Since I do not behave like a jackass on public roads I am not too concerned about the power, but ask anyone in the SVT lounge and they will tell you that a turbo is the best way to go if you want the numbers,

1 - 10 of 10 Posts