Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i messed up an made a noob mistake but i now need a new motor i own a 2002 svt focus i want...no wait i need to get new motor an i wanna know what the price is for one an where to find PLEASE HELP!!!!!

·
Registered
297 Posts
For salvage parts, go to www.car-part.com. It will allow you to search either locally or as far afield as you want. It will let you know which salvage yards have your motor and what the mileage/price is.

·
( o Y o )
5,549 Posts
svt engines arent as easy to come by like regular zetecs. a rebuild with new beariengs will prolly be cheaper than a whole engine.

·
( o Y o )
5,549 Posts
so, since the first post was kind of vague, and ur last post is "its just so far gone", whats the extent of the damage...? pics? Have you dropped the pan or drained the oil and seen metal shavings?

Pulling the engine and breaking it down to a short block will vastly save you on labor costs and allow you to purchase new bearings, rings and pistons (if there is scoring on the cyinder walls) and take it all to a machine shop for disassembly, honing/turning cylinders and crank/rods, and assembly. But thats me.

·
Registered
62 Posts
i don't know much about replacing an engine. but BigRed's suggestions make a whole lot of sense.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Look on CL Albany OREGON. There is a wrecked ZX5 SVT red with a possible motor replacement for you. The guy is of a certain nationality that is known to finagle car parts so do your homework.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts