Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after some searching and waiting, I came across what may be a deal that is too good to pass up. I always loved the SVTF E in Comp Orange. I remember seeing it, back in the day and really loved the richness of the color.

Here is the deal, the car has 107k miles on it, but the price reflects that at a steal of $6900. I have reviewed the photos and asked the owner to take photos anything they can see wrong with the car (being I owned an SVT for almost 5 years I know when things are out of place or not what they should be). Anyway, wondering what you guys think about buying a higher mileage SVT? It has a clean carfax record, and the car was owned by a Ford Dealers kid so at least I know it was Ford maintained.

Any thoughts would be awesome.

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
Welcome back!!!

I think you already know the answer to your question about the mileage.
You've already owned an SVTF and have been through a few of the "normal" trials and tribulations and know what to expect.

That seems a decent price, if everything checks out as clean as you've found.

You didn't state what year it is tought.
As you well know, the later year, the better. [;)]

·
Registered
298 Posts
Damn..... it looks like I should have just waited 5 years and I could get one that cheap.

I would buy it on GP as long as it wasn't in shite condition. Just be ready to fix things as they come up.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh the year is 2003.

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
That is a good price. Ask if they have all the maintenance records. How many owners has it had? Also it being owned from a Ford dealer's kid doesn't mean it was kept i the great condition or wasn't abused. That's like saying a car was owned by an old lady that only used it to go get her prescriptions from the pharmacy.... Since you know what to look for, ask for a test drive first and see it first hand. Photos don't really show anything unless they are taken with like a 20 megapixal camera or something. High mileage doesn't mean it's at the end of it's life, if it were truly taken care of, at least it's broken in [:D]

Oh and welcome back, I kinda missed that scary avatar [:p]

·
Registered
752 Posts
i got my 02 none euro for 7400 thats including tax... same milelage.. 107k

so thats a great price man jump on it

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
You shouldn't of left in the first place

·
Registered
50 Posts
i got my 02 svt non euro with 75k for 5k, I think that is a good deal for the svt eap and have a huge soft spot for the comp orange!

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I bought mine with 103k i have 118k now

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You shouldn't of left in the first place
That wasn't my choice but the choice of a lady loosing control on the freeway and taking me out :( It was too hard to jump back into a SVTF right after I just had my baby exactly how i wanted it.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Woah! What was wrong with the car?

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So got more information, the carfax is in fact clear, and is a single owner car, BUT the last recorded mileage was at 70k miles. There is no documentation for the car for 37k miles!

That makes me leery, and being that the car is 2.5 hrs away, it may not be worth my time for a test drive. Anyone in the LA area want to check the car out for me :)

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
Sure! PM me the details. I got lots of free time LOL.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Matt,

Do it....do it!!!!

It's nearly a year since you PM'd me (and I hope I replied!). It would be good to know that you'd have jumped out of that BMW and back into the SVT!!!

Weirdly enough, I saw someone selling an RS console this week, and I IMMEDIATELY thought of you Bro!!!

Hope all's well with the family and life.

Cheers, Shane

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hhahah Shane! Whats up my man?

I am in talks with the guys right now, I asked about the mileage thing, said that it is not techincally a single owner car since the car was a trade-in (i guess when a dealer takes a car in, it doesn't get listed as an owner) and since the dealers son was driving it it was never changed owner to his ownership.

The mileage is at 107k miles because the guy commuted from San Bernadino to North Hollywood every day!

OrangeSVTGuy Ill PM you the address if you are serious :)

·
Turbo Freak
2,193 Posts
my car just hit 80,000k has HR Coils on it
front and rear stress focussport stress bars, focus sport tune Mbrp 2.5 'Racing Hart Wheels
Bfg tires

1 - 20 of 39 Posts