Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love driving at night with my headlights and fog lights on and people coming at ne flash there lights cause they think my highbeams are on lol

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
Then that means I would be one of those people. I hate it when people have blinding headlights. Get them fixed or something.

Reactions: rambleon84

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
please tell me you dont have HID in halogen housing. I dislike people who do that.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Ya, blinding people at night causing potentially unsafe driving conditions is so cool. [limp]

·
Registered
578 Posts
I have only had three people flash at me and my 50watts. My projectors are aimed low enought that it isnt a problem. One driver in a x5 thought enough to flash me a couple of times with theirand high aimed xenons to which i opened the taps on the e55 housings i have. I like to say the suv was just short of spontaneous combustion.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have mine aimed lower so i dont blind people, i dont have them on my car to blind people i have them on my car so i can see better at night time, the stock lights was not bright enuff

·
BACON?
3,170 Posts
Yes, I to am proud to blind other drivers in search of greater personal visibility. I never ever feel the need to think of the other drivers visibility. me me me. / sarcasm

I don't feel the need to find the ban hammer, but i could go on....
I have never been flashed because somebody thought my stock HID's were high beams. do it right or GTFO. op is gross.

·
Panamasian
2,590 Posts
sad...very sad

·
Registered
743 Posts
Guess he missed the debates on Projector vs. Halogen housings for HIDs... LMAO

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
i drive with my fogs and parking or headlights on whenever i can... its usually parking lights & foglights most of the time. i only i have stock bulbs though...

·
Registered
676 Posts
Fog lights are for foggy driving conditions, IMHO. I say keep them off if it's a clear night. I had them on old Sentra and were useful when going through West VA mountians in fog, but they were off most of the time.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
Yes, I to am proud to blind other drivers in search of greater personal visibility. I never ever feel the need to think of the other drivers visibility. me me me. / sarcasm

I don't feel the need to find the ban hammer, but i could go on....
I have never been flashed because somebody thought my stock HID's were high beams. do it right or GTFO. op is gross.
You acknowledged it so I won't do anything, but that's still insulting another member so.... careful, is all I'm saying.

·
what it be like
6,381 Posts
my factory Machs on my SVT get people flashing all the time...some people are just too worked up to be on the road

·
Wheel King, Bow Down
1,918 Posts
I love driving at night with my headlights and fog lights on and people coming at ne flash there lights cause they think my highbeams are on lol

·
Registered
578 Posts
i dont know why we call them fog lights. they are not yellow and actually seem to get bounced off of fog or snow quite easily into the owners eyes. i notice i can see better with them off in adverse conditions.

unless you have yellow bulbs call them driving lights or ditch lights.
bc they
1) let you be seen better by oncoming traffic. (more light producing surface area)
2) light up a wider viewing area. (the ditches)

i have noticed round housings seem to reflect more light up into oncoming drivers eyes more than a square housing.

i can see the circular light pattern on over passes as i approach them in all of my cars. my '03 2500hd has round, my '04 mountaineer has round, my '08 f150 is round also. but my '05 f150 has square and doesnt do this. i most commonly get flashed when im in the merc bc the driving lights are at eye level.. i guess they did not spend the time to create a good shield or cut off

·
Panamasian
2,590 Posts
i dont know why we call them fog lights. they are not yellow and actually seem to get bounced off of fog or snow quite easily into the owners eyes. i notice i can see better with them off in adverse conditions.

unless you have yellow bulbs call them driving lights or ditch lights.
bc they
1) let you be seen better by oncoming traffic. (more light producing surface area)
2) light up a wider viewing area. (the ditches)

i have noticed round housings seem to reflect more light up into oncoming drivers eyes more than a square housing.

i can see the circular light pattern on over passes as i approach them in all of my cars. my '03 2500hd has round, my '04 mountaineer has round, my '08 f150 is round also. but my '05 f150 has square and doesnt do this. i most commonly get flashed when im in the merc bc the driving lights are at eye level.. i guess they did not spend the time to create a good shield or cut off
i think mine work great in the fog. and even in normal driving conditions at night they increase my visibility. not much but you can definetly tell. but most of the time they're on for looks if its sunrise or sunset.

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
my fogs works well in adverse weather conditions. this was even before my 3000k, good ol halogen bulbs. Now with 3000k they work wonders.

·
Registered
796 Posts
i drive with my fogs and parking or headlights on whenever i can... its usually parking lights & foglights most of the time. i only i have stock bulbs though...
if u r talking about driving at night with only parking and fog light on this is illegal, your headlights must be on!! You are required 2 lights on at a certain distance above the ground or atleast in TX but im pretty sure that would be in any other place as well

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
On a related note, I felt kind of bad the other night. As I was pulling into a parking lot and this young guy was waiting to pull out, my cutoff ended up raising up as I went over a bump, and he got all 5000K of my HIDs right in his eyes. He was probably no more than 7-8 feet from the headlights, and because traffic was stopped, he had them right in his eyes for a good 5 seconds. Again, I felt kind of bad...but there wasn't exactly anything I could do about it. I couldn't help but laugh, though, when I realized he looked like a younger version of this while it was happening:

Same hair and everything!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts