Focus Fanatics Forum banner

141 - 160 of 1332 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
I got back from Afghanistan and was parked next to a sedan with my buddy. He looked at it from the side and said it must be a German car. We got out and looked at it closer to find it was a Focus! I Now am the proud owner of a SE Sport hatch. In another post I said I love it more than any other car I've owned and its my 17th car. It may not be as fast as my old WRX or Mustang, But it definitely is a better all around "fun" car. Amazing and I do in fact LOVE IT!
Welcome home and thank you!

·
Registered
112 Posts
I decided to kill some time today and take my car out into hill country around Austin. Lots of windy roads. The focus is a really fun solid feeling car to drive.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I decided to kill some time today and take my car out into hill country around Austin. Lots of windy roads. The focus is a really fun solid feeling car to drive.
I do that almost every weekend. [:D]

Had a great time playing with a SUV out west on a windy road leading up to a state park. Tentatively 45 limit but 25 warnings on almost every bend. We were doing them at about 40. So little body roll even without the handling package.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Had my transmission software updated and recalibrated last week, and all I can say is if Ford had released the update 8 months earlier, the Elantra would not be "car of the year".

Great job Ford, you made the Focus into the great car I knew it could be. Took a couple software patches, but such is the plight of the early adopter.

I might add, I think the Focus may be the only small car that can cruise so quickly for so far and remain completely comfortable, composed, and quiet the entire time. The German roots really shine through when on the open road.

·
Registered
520 Posts
had my transmission software updated and recalibrated last week, and all i can say is if ford had released the update 8 months earlier, the elantra would not be "car of the year".

Great job ford, you made the focus into the great car i knew it could be. Took a couple software patches, but such is the plight of the early adopter.
x2 !!

·
Registered
16 Posts
17000 and still going strong

Just stumbled on this forum, and wanted to add my 2c.

I bought mine in April, and boy I love this car. I used to have a 2000 corolla, and that was small & fun to throw around. I find my Focus to be even more fun to drive! Responsive steering (awesome steering wheel), smooth engine, little body roll - perfect! I commute 120 miles a day (90% highway), and i'm averaging 37.2 (computer, 38.2 by my manual calc) mpg at 68-70 mph over 17000 miles...very awesome!

The speakers are good, the bluetooth audio and sync make the commute easy.

My only quibble is sometimes the transmission can be wonky (but not bad by any means). I thought I read somewhere about a software fix?

Fast, good looking, great MPG...does this car have a downside?

·
Registered
289 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Drove home in my shiny new Focus Titanium (sterling grey) today! Picked it up with 25 miles on it; already have 91 on it :) Couldn't be happier.

So, I'm hereby joining the club :D

·
Registered
211 Posts
love my car, hate my tires :/ I don't like a car that outdoes the tires on it...stock continentals can't wait to get something good on there

·
Registered
85 Posts
Ive had mine for a month. Got the transmission firmware update TSB 12-1-4 applied. It shifts so smooth now that it's imperceptible. The ride is luxurious yet it handles like a sports car. I imagine this is the same sort of thing that all the BMW owners rave about. I can only smile as I pass them knowing that my car is just as fun to drive and more reliable yet much more economical. The fit and finish and quality of materials used equal those found in a much more expensive brand. Kudos Ford! And for the record Ford has won me back after swearing them off 25 yrs ago for shoddy quality and poor customer service. Been driving VW and Honda up till now.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=28.350740,-81.542838

·
Registered
27 Posts
After YEARS of muscle cars and sports cars.. from a Porsche 911 Targa to my last Chevy Camaro SS (2010) I found a car I love just as much.. in a totally different segment.
I got sick of paying a ton of money for gas every other day.. NOW I have pretty damn good performance and GREAT gas mileage :) I'm spending about 24 bucks a week on gas in stead of 35 bucks every two or 3 days.. It's LOADED with every possible feature that you get on a luxury car.. trust me.. I've had MOST of them.. and this is just as good ..and better in some areas. For the Northeast Metro area.. THIS is the car that makes sense
THANK YOU FORD!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Wow

Hello, my name is 'fourcircle', and I'm addicted to German cars.... until now.

VW then Audi then BMW then BMW then Mercedes then Ford? Somebody wake me up.

The Focus is for my wife, but I have car envy, and bad. It's a blast to drive, great on gas, oozes quality, a tremendous value, and if it gets some miles on it or a little scratch, so what?

It's hard to believe that you can buy two Titaniums for the price of one German make, and the Focus is arguably the better all around car.

Hello, my name is 'fourcircle', and I'm addicted to, er, uh, Fords? (there, I said it).

·
Registered
800 Posts
Hello, my name is 'fourcircle', and I'm addicted to German cars.... until now.

VW then Audi then BMW then BMW then Mercedes then Ford? Somebody wake me up.

The Focus is for my wife, but I have car envy, and bad. It's a blast to drive, great on gas, oozes quality, a tremendous value, and if it gets some miles on it or a little scratch, so what?

It's hard to believe that you can buy two Titaniums for the price of one German make, and the Focus is arguably the better all around car.

Hello, my name is 'fourcircle', and I'm addicted to, er, uh, Fords? (there, I said it).
German engineered! So your still ok!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've owned all sorts of cars, Japanese, domestic and European, and I'm truly impressed with the Focus. Can't be beat for the money.

141 - 160 of 1332 Posts