Focus Fanatics Forum banner

121 - 140 of 1332 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Well, we went from a 2005 Mercury Mountaineer "luxury" AWD, to the focus...a year ago this would have been a strange move. A loaded SUV to am economy car?? WELL, the new Focus definitely shifts the paradigm!! Driving the Focus feels like driving a German luxury sport sedan!! (I guess it was designed there lol!) But to drive a car like this, assemble right here in Wayne Michigan, all I can say is THATS RIGHT WORLD, be built this!

When my wife wanted to find a more fuel efficient car for her job, I suggested a new Focus...She said "really? a Focus??". Now she wants to drive nothing else!

We didnt even test drive a Cruze, she said it looked bland (It's just how Chevy rolls, IMO) and we even passed up her Dad's Chrysler employee discount, because they dont offer anything interesting that gets more than 25mpg (I SO could have taken a new Charger SRT/8 home tho!).

So yeah, we love the new Focus.[thumb]
Right on! [cheers]

·
Registered
9 Posts
I got mine in June to replace my terrible PT Cruiser (so much hate for that car). I love it so much.

I love the interior...it feels way more expensive than it actually cost. I love the color. I love that it's a hatchback. I love actually being able to turn and park, unlike when I was driving the PT. I love it when I catch other people checking my car out. I love actually being able to accelerate, unlike the PT. I love the gas mileage. I just seriously adore this car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've only owned Fords since 1963. My new 2012 Focus, which I pre-ordered, has to be my favorite purchase to date. In the past I've only owned mid-sized Ford cars and pick-ups, except for a Pinto I owned once.

After trading in a 2001 Taurus, I am extremely pleased with my new Focus. The MFT is tempermental, but I can live with it for now. I get nothing but compliments on the my SEL Focus. I'm glad I opted for the SEL instead of the Titanium, I didn't want to deal with the short tread life of the 18" wheels.

I've had my Focus about 7 months now, and I'm quite fond of it at this point. My wife and I both call her "Little Suzy". The car is female you know. Microsoft and Ford refer to the voice control as Samantha, but I renamed her Suzy.

The technology for the whole car is fantastic! My first Fords were a constant maintence problem with carburator, points, and the like repairs. All the safety features are something else in the new Focus. The other day a had to make a quick swerve to avoid a semi-truck tire re-tread. I was amazed how the Focus safety system kept the care from over-steering. I feel very confident with all the safety features of the 2012 Fosus.

Since 1963, I've owned about 20 Fords, some 3 at a time (kids going to school). For now I have a 2006 Fusion and the 2012 Focus. Ford has really gotten their act together with their new line of cars. The only thing they messed up is the MFT, but that system is evolving. It is a very complex system and will come around. I've got MFT 2.11 installed. At least it resets a couple of minutes after it hangs up. I can remember when MS Windows 1.0 came out in the 70's, and we can all remember how long it has taken Windows to evolve, each version a little better.

Overall, I'm one extremely happy camper with my new Focus! [loveff]

·
Registered
832 Posts
Its attributes far outweigh its niggles. First time I drove mine, it was Zen. The seats fit me like a glove, the bolsters are as large as I wanted. It just drove and felt like a more expensive car.

Problem: My wife has been wanting a new car for a few years (Chevy Cruze), which she bought several days ago.

Straight-up, after driving both for extended trips; the CRUZE feels cheap inside. It handles worse, the cabin noise is bad, and I just can't get over how much better the Focus is.

If anyone doubts this, drive both for a while. It's a no-brainer.

·
Registered
30 Posts
After driving a 2011 Focus SEL as a loaner car I really appreciate the 2012 Focus. There is no comparison in the cars. The 2012 is so much more fun to drive and so much better looking. Sorry other Focus owners, just love the 2012.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Picked up my 2012 Hatchback SEL in Frosted Glass last Friday. It has Equipment Group 303A and the Winter package. Love the color and absolutely love the car! I traded my 2011 Ford Fiesta in on it.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I would not have bought the Ti hatchback if I did not like how it look and drove. As it was an early December build, I knew it would have the first major update of MFT and the transmission. Both work fantastic!

This is such a great car. I don't have many miles on it as I have just taken a few short trips around town and on the highway. I stopped in at the local gas station on Friday and two people came up and complimented me on the car. They too to love the color (red candy) and how the 18 inch wheels make the hatchback look.

Sure, the long term reliability jury is still out. But, I have bought a lot of Fords over the years and have never had a bad one. I am confident that the transmission update has taken care of the quirks that some have had. As for MFT, the first major update appears to have fixed a lot of the issues and I would be willing to be the one coming out next early next year will handle the rest.

My only gripe? The gas door getting blow open going through the car wash. It has happened twice at two different touchless washes. I now carry a bottle of spray cleaner and blue painter's tape. I am going to spritz the area clean and tape the damn door shut prior to venturing through. I'm sure Ford will come up with a fix as I know I am not the only one to experience this with the hatchback.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just picked up my TI hatch in Sterling Gray thursday night and there is absolutely nothing on that car I don't love. Titanium and winter package with moonroof. Replaced a 2003 Mazda6 V6 sport with 220 HP - the focus blows it away.

Oops - there is one thing I'm not thrilled with. It came from another dealer with a red pinstripe. Totally unexpected on that type of car.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Bought my first '12 in May, liked the car. A little disappointed with sound quality. Put new speakers in it and an amp. Traded it on a second '12 in December! Ha ha! Now I have the Sony 10 speaker and the winter package. NOW I am a happy camper!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I got back from Afghanistan and was parked next to a sedan with my buddy. He looked at it from the side and said it must be a German car. We got out and looked at it closer to find it was a Focus! I Now am the proud owner of a SE Sport hatch. In another post I said I love it more than any other car I've owned and its my 17th car. It may not be as fast as my old WRX or Mustang, But it definitely is a better all around "fun" car. Amazing and I do in fact LOVE IT!

·
Registered
683 Posts
I got back from Afghanistan and was parked next to a sedan with my buddy. He looked at it from the side and said it must be a German car. We got out and looked at it closer to find it was a Focus! I Now am the proud owner of a SE Sport hatch. In another post I said I love it more than any other car I've owned and its my 17th car. It may not be as fast as my old WRX or Mustang, But it definitely is a better all around "fun" car. Amazing and I do in fact LOVE IT!
Glad you like your new car ... I sure love mine. Welcome to the FF forum, welcome home and thanks for your service.

[cheers]

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just got my '12 Focus Titanium in black. Wife and I went "looking" on Monday at a couple of dealers. Saw this one, and KNEW I had to have it....beautiful inside and out. 500 miles so far. Fun, sporty and classy!

·
Registered
183 Posts
In the week I have owned it I have had three people come up to look at it and compliment me on the car. That is pretty good considering I have only driven it four times. I asked my GF how many people have complimented her on her new Elantra...survey says!?...

[:p]

·
Registered
968 Posts
Loving my SE sport! Beat a 1st gen Audi TT the other day to 100kph (180hp FWD manual)... was really surprised until I Googled their 0-60 times and saw they ran 7.6 seconds new.

Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
73 Posts
I got my Focus Ti last Saturday and it's amazing. No transmissions problems, no MFT problems, everything has worked perfectly. Interior quality is on par with a lot more expensive cars. Synced my galaxy nexus up to the car and it got all my contacts and the pictures. Push button start is amazing and I love not having to use any keys except just having it in my pocket to use the car. I came from a 99 ford explorer so this has been a major upgrade. I went with the cloth sport seats as well and they are some of the most comfortable seats I have sat in. The car handles very well also, I have a bmw 328i in the family that I drive regularly and I think the focus handles just as well, other than having slightly slower acceleration. I do wish I could have had the option to add the euro HID LED headlights as an option, maybe that will be an OEM here pretty soon.

121 - 140 of 1332 Posts