Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1321 - 1332 of 1332 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
I more than love my Focus. I loved my 2005 Dodge SRT4, I liked my 2013 Honda Civic, but the 2018 Ford Focus? I'm proud of it. I wanted to get a car made in America and this is what I bought. I don't regret the decision at all.

It was purchased in September and I've already put on the Mustang TB, RS air box, snorkel delete/velocity stack install. Can't wait to save up some more money and buy more mods!

EDIT: I wanted a car that was union made.

·
Registered
5,893 Posts
I more than love my Focus. I loved my 2005 Dodge SRT4, I liked my 2013 Honda Civic, but the 2018 Ford Focus? I'm proud of it. I wanted to get a car made in America and this is what I bought. I don't regret the decision at all.

It was purchased in September and I've already put on the Mustang TB, RS air box, snorkel delete/velocity stack install. Can't wait to save up some more money and buy more mods!
I think your Civic was made in America. [:)]

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts

EDIT: I wanted a car that was union made.
Proud Union worker here too, glad to see your enthusiasm... mine is pretty fun to drive, adding a header/exhaust and tuning really makes a big difference, still needs more power but it's getting there..I got to add a rear muffler, the aftermarket ST exhaust with two resonators is way too loud on NA..but it sounds good, get a lot of compliments.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Proud Union worker here too, glad to see your enthusiasm... mine is pretty fun to drive, adding a header/exhaust and tuning really makes a big difference, still needs more power but it's getting there..I got to add a rear muffler, the aftermarket ST exhaust with two resonators is way too loud on NA..but it sounds good, get a lot of compliments.
Awesome brother! I’m the business manager for IBEW Local 225. I am hoping SCT supports the 2018 soon. I was looking at getting the OBX header and FSWERKS stealth exhaust, the Steeda sway bar. I’m not sure after that.

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
Awesome brother! I’m the business manager for IBEW Local 225. I am hoping SCT supports the 2018 soon. I was looking at getting the OBX header and FSWERKS stealth exhaust, the Steeda sway bar. I’m not sure after that.
Retail and wholesale workers union Local 517, I work in a Sugar Refinery thats been in continuous operation since 1890!

I got the Steeda bar, great mod! Took 10 minutes to install, backed car up some ramps. Some people say they dont notice a difference, I drive hard and like twisties so I noticed a big difference if you drive like that...roundabout on ramps, car felt unstable a bit, with the bar it feels rock solid... fast speeds and tight turns, this one turn I took a lot I had to slow down and take it at no more then 80km/h, car just felt scary if if it was done any faster (and I had titanium with handling package, 18's and michelin pilot sport+ tires)..after installing the bar, taking same turn at 120 km/h and feel fine, haven't pushed it faster but tires are not losing grip.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I started out with a 2014 Focus SEL. I was happy with it but had the if only it came with this and that. Fast forward to April this year and after almost exactly 4 years and 130000 miles I got my 18 SEL. I got every if only it came with items (Sony system, the big touch screen, moon roof, heated mirrors steering wheel and seats and automatic climate control) except for remote start and nav. I got the factory remote start installed few weeks later and do not see the need for the nav when my iPhone does what I feel is a better job (can we say waze). I can say I am very pleased. Oh and the 18 does not have the slight shudder the 14 had with almost 20000 miles already in 7 months. Hope I get the same good life the 14 had. I was not having any major issues and just a few minor things needing attention when I traded her in. Here’s to another 4 years worry free.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Just got my '12 SEL out of the shop. Sent it in for a DCT clutch replacement at 220,069 miles. 190,000 or so miles are mine. Been a neat little car so far. Never had any major problems out of the DCT. Hopefully she'll last a while longer.[whip]

Now I just have to reflash for Global Remote windows...[facepalm]

Edit: Turns out I just had to roll my windows up and down 50-11 times! even bigger [facepalm]
How many miles did you put on those clutches? I'm curious as to what kind of life to expect out of a set. I'd imagine 150k would be possible.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
How many miles did you put on those clutches? I'm curious as to what kind of life to expect out of a set. I'd imagine 150k would be possible.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using FF Mobile
As far as I know, those were the original clutches. I bought the car with 33k on the odometer. Noticed third gear slipping around 220k so took it to local Ford dealer to have them replaced.

·
Registered
159 Posts
As far as I know, those were the original clutches. I bought the car with 33k on the odometer. Noticed third gear slipping around 220k so took it to local Ford dealer to have them replaced.
I see. Any shudder back then? What should I be looking for when I'm watching for slipping? Mainly revving wit little increase in speed?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
I see. Any shudder back then? What should I be looking for when I'm watching for slipping? Mainly revving wit little increase in speed?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using FF Mobile
I honestly don't remember experiencing any shudder. At least not significant enough to cause alarm. Probably because I drive my car 'Like I Stole It' ALL the time.[headbang]

As far as slippage, yeah, increased rpm without speeding up. It was very noticeable in third gear and wouldn't accelerate in 5th at all . And it happened fairly quickly, not gradual, like 'is my clutch slipping?!?' nah, can't be.[burnout]

1321 - 1332 of 1332 Posts