Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1301 - 1320 of 1332 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just traded in my '14 Focus 5-door SE - generally happy with that car and would have kept it longer but with the production changes ("Active" model built in China) coming up for the 2019s I decided to go for a 2018 5-door SEL. The SEL model had almost all the bells and whistles I wanted as standard equipment - just had to add the cold weather package. It's the metallic blue - liked that color from the first time I saw it. I'll be retiring within a year so I won't be driving 600 miles a week any more so the '18 should last quite a while. Already showing 38 mpg with 500 miles on my highway drives.

·
Registered
484 Posts
henryFord3---I also like the SEL---is it ok now with the automatic trans? Seems like a lot of car with the rebates--if that part is ok not bad? Thoughts gang...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Suburban ran a stop sign. No more Focus. Knee air bag went off and cut up my daughter's leg. Steering wheel air bag did not deploy. That concerns me.

My daughter is fine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the Select Shift version of Power Shift and with just over 1000 miles no issues. I always liked sticks so much of the time I go through the gears, instead of "lazy drive" as a friend from the UK calls automatics. I'm very happy with the fuel economy - the readout is showing 40m p g, more than I expected. I'll do an actual mileage check later to see how close that is.

·
Registered
132 Posts
In. Bought this as a commuter for the wife and after living with it for a month has become my little mod car in addition to her commuter. Love the sporty handling and I love that it has a DCT.

·
Registered
5 Posts
henryFord3---I also like the SEL---is it ok now with the automatic trans? Seems like a lot of car with the rebates--if that part is ok not bad? Thoughts gang...
Just hit 5000 miles, doing just fine. Been from CT to PEI, Canada now down to NC. 40 plus mpg showing, highway at 65-70 mph with air conditioning on much of the time. Comfortable, at peace with my wife with the dual control HVAC. Best radio ever.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had a SEL but I got in a wreck. It had the DCT I loved it . Originally it was my wife's car but I fell In love with it. So after the accident and we found out it was the insurance company wasn't gonna fix it. I started looking but I got the ST this time because the parts line is more available and some are also backed by the Ford warranty.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Suburban ran a stop sign. No more Focus. Knee air bag went off and cut up my daughter's leg. Steering wheel air bag did not deploy. That concerns me.

My daughter is fine.
She now has a 2018 SEL. Price was too good to pass on. This is our family's third Focus.

My other daughter's 2012 just got new TCM at 70k miles.
Can I ask how much you got it for? I'm thinking of getting an sel as well

·
Registered
12 Posts

My daughter is fine.
She now has a 2018 SEL. Price was too good to pass on. This is our family's third Focus.

My other daughter's 2012 just got new TCM at 70k miles.
Wow I seen that and had a fashback.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just got my '12 SEL out of the shop. Sent it in for a DCT clutch replacement at 220,069 miles. 190,000 or so miles are mine. Been a neat little car so far. Never had any major problems out of the DCT. Hopefully she'll last a while longer.[whip]

Now I just have to reflash for Global Remote windows...[facepalm]

Edit: Turns out I just had to roll my windows up and down 50-11 times! even bigger [facepalm]

1301 - 1320 of 1332 Posts