Focus Fanatics Forum banner

101 - 120 of 1332 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
love every inch of the interior (even the sport package mesh trim haha), love how well Sync works and the non-MFT colorscreen LCDs for the radio/trip look, love how supportive and well bolstered the seats are (even in the back), love the craftsmanship and materials, especially on the dash, love the wraparound interior, love the mileage and the pickup, love how well this car handles even on all seasons, love the lightness but decent feedback from the electric steering (something no one can get right these days)... An absolute pleasure to pass the miles in what else can I say, not a single complaint

Started to type a reply to this thread and realized you already did most of it for me. [thumb]

I find myself looking for excuses to go and drive it. And I stare at it whenever it's in view. [loveff]

Just needs better wheels and tires, which will be sorted very soon.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Stopped to top up with gas today, and while I'm putting in my $15 or so I notice a guy with a truck (with the exhaust wide enough to house a good sized dog) at the diesel pump on the next island filling up with just over $131 of product.
Appples and oranges I know, but made me smile.

·
Registered
200 Posts
yeah, used to run me about $100 to fill the SUV, about every 3 or 4 days. Now its about $40 to $50 every 3 or 4 days. Yes, makes me smile too!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hi Everyone! I just bought my new SE Hatch today after trading in my 02 Jeep Grand Cherokee. It is my first ford and my first brand new car :) I hope to enjoy plenty of years to come with it considering i had to finance 5 years and right now I keep staring at it through the window of my work just waiting to actually take it for a spin I literally signed the contract and had to rush out to work. Maybe later I'll actually break it in a little....

·
Registered
468 Posts
Good car for my mountain ranch

I've had the car only a week now but I do enjoy driving it. The color is great, doesn't show the dust/mud from my mile-long dirt/rock road. I handles the 19 miles of twists and turns getting to our last mile like a champ, straightening those curves like my old Jag. Our road climbs from 250 feet to 1380 feet in only 1/4 mile as the crow flies (the road is a mile long, as I said) but it is mostly hairpins and switchbacks - the Focus SEL climbs like a monkey, traction control keeps tire spin to almost nothing.

I'm a tech freak so I love the goodies, and they all work as advertized. Nice sound from the MFT/Sony system too. My Garmin tucks in the left corner of the WS so I'm not missing having built-in nav, and I'm loving keeping the $795 in my jeans. The moon roof lets in the sun and the leather caresses my bottom - sweet.

I got a 7 yr 100k Premium warranty so I'm confident that my expenditures will be well under control.

I'm a happy camper so far, with my first ever (I'm 65) Ford.[driving]

·
Registered
416 Posts
it's great to see the enthusiasm from the noobs (kp911 and flinging) and good to hear everything is working well for you.

Very envious of flingwing since he just 'has' to drive those roads everyday. I'm stuck on highway for 45 mins each way...would much rather have the twisties!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just expressing my love for my '12 SE sport HB.

1,500 miles now, averaging 25mpg in stop-go traffic. (I can easily hit 35+ if it weren't for that) No issues with the DCT, shifts are smooth as silk, nearly got sick going for a ride with my old man in his Z4 the other day with how horrid slushboxes feel.

I had a 2009 Cobalt LS before the Focus, and I can safely say it feels like I went from a Geo Metro to a Lexus IS in terms of quality. And I actually have a trunk that's accessible!

Only beef I have, and it's not with the car itself, is my dealership can't seem to fix a scratch on the side no matter what. I've found waxing is a bit of a pain though with the spoiler, but I can always hand wax around there instead of using an orbital buffer. I'm going to enjoy the extra exercise of parking in the far back and taking up two spots at work to keep the crazy people I work with away.

Then there's the front of this car...

Thats a face everyone's mother can love. Do need to get rid of the chrome though, would look a lot better in either a glossy black or matte black.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Just expressing my love for my '12 SE sport HB.

1,500 miles now, averaging 25mpg in stop-go traffic. (I can easily hit 35+ if it weren't for that) No issues with the DCT, shifts are smooth as silk, nearly got sick going for a ride with my old man in his Z4 the other day with how horrid slushboxes feel.

I had a 2009 Cobalt LS before the Focus, and I can safely say it feels like I went from a Geo Metro to a Lexus IS in terms of quality. And I actually have a trunk that's accessible!

Only beef I have, and it's not with the car itself, is my dealership can't seem to fix a scratch on the side no matter what. I've found waxing is a bit of a pain though with the spoiler, but I can always hand wax around there instead of using an orbital buffer. I'm going to enjoy the extra exercise of parking in the far back and taking up two spots at work to keep the crazy people I work with away.

Then there's the front of this car...

Thats a face everyone's mother can love. Do need to get rid of the chrome though, would look a lot better in either a glossy black or matte black.
I painted mine... Check out my post

·
Registered
468 Posts
Okay, we now have almost 800 miles on the car and the love affair still goes on. We took a 360 mile road trip (starting with 222 on the odo) and got an average of 38.5 (90% highway, but varying speeds during break-in) - we still had more than 1/4 tank left when we got home, and it said we could drive another 90 miles to E.

Next day, I fueled up and drove almost 40 miles, again 90% highway, traveled at between 67 and 60 mph, and when I pulled into my destination driveway, I was showing 44.9 mpg. I wasn't hyperwheeling but I also didn't lay on it when merging into traffic or changing lanes either - just good responsible (unfun) driving.

Shifts are good, Select Shift is really fun on the 18 miles of curvy road before hitting town, but I did have one moment where, when I accelerated from around 10 or 20 to get around a car partly blocking my lane, the TCD acted like I/it shifted into neutral and revved to about 4,500 rpm - I was in D at the time.

Comfortable, quiet for a small car, neat technology, good sound system, a NICE car.[ffrocks]

·
Registered
822 Posts
The Focus really is a great car. Great ride quality. Like a car costing much more. If no one has noticed, it's also pretty wide for it's size. Wider than say, a Chevy Cobalt. Was at the dealers Monday getting the TSB update for my 6 speed auto and a Focus sedan was parked next to a Fusion sedan and the Focus looked almost the same width.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Comfortable, quiet for a small car, neat technology, good sound system, a NICE car.
If no one has noticed, it's also pretty wide for it's size. Wider than say, a Chevy Cobalt. Was at the dealers Monday getting the TSB update for my 6 speed auto and a Focus sedan was parked next to a Fusion sedan and the Focus looked almost the same width.
Myself, my friends, and my parents are all surprised with how quiet and comfortable the car is. With all the features they pack into it for the price, I actually feel like I got something worth it's value.

The car even drives like it's a full size sedan. I bet it has to do with the rigidity of the frame, the good sized tires (215 on the S/SE/SEL, 235 on the Ti) and the independent suspension setup on the front AND rear.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I got my SE auto w/ sport package about a week ago. I love the car so far. It handles great, it has pickup when you want it and it's getting ~36mpg. I already got the eco-champ thing, so I guess I know how to drive it for econ.

Its a fantastic car. Ford finally got it right.

Frankly, between the fiesta and the focus, I think ford has its first two good looking cars since like a 60s mustang.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I'm only 153 miles deep, but I have to say I LOVE this car! Great shifting, handling, and feels like a car that costs $10K more. I love the smoothness and effortless highway driving. My bro, cousin, and I went for a ride and it was comfy for everyone. btw I'm 6ft, my bro is 6'1", and cousin is 6'2".

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Pennut; said:
If no one has noticed, it's also pretty wide for it's size
That's the first thing I noticed backing into my parking spot. I was like oh shoot... I like that it is wider though. I hated how my '01 sedan was skinnnny looking. Gives it a better stance that's for sure IMO.

·
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #17
4,888 Posts
I had my first experience with getting attention from another '12 owner today. I had just gotten into my car, ready to leave the mall parking lot, when I noticed a car pull in to the stall to my left. I looked up, and it was another 2012 Yellow Blaze SE sedan - same wheels too. The passenger and I exhanged a smile and wave, and a little chuckle.

·
Registered
23 Posts
9600 miles and loving it!!

So, I got my Blue Candy beauty Sept. 9th. I absolutely LOVE driving her!!! I put on about 1000 miles a week for work and she gets better and better... I am completely thrilled with my purchase... [headbang]

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Well, we went from a 2005 Mercury Mountaineer "luxury" AWD, to the focus...a year ago this would have been a strange move. A loaded SUV to am economy car?? WELL, the new Focus definitely shifts the paradigm!! Driving the Focus feels like driving a German luxury sport sedan!! (I guess it was designed there lol!) But to drive a car like this, assemble right here in Wayne Michigan, all I can say is THATS RIGHT WORLD, be built this!

When my wife wanted to find a more fuel efficient car for her job, I suggested a new Focus...She said "really? a Focus??". Now she wants to drive nothing else!

We didnt even test drive a Cruze, she said it looked bland (It's just how Chevy rolls, IMO) and we even passed up her Dad's Chrysler employee discount, because they dont offer anything interesting that gets more than 25mpg (I SO could have taken a new Charger SRT/8 home tho!).

So yeah, we love the new Focus.[thumb]

101 - 120 of 1332 Posts