Focus Fanatics Forum banner

301 - 320 of 1332 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
1 month road trip

I just did 7700km on a 1 month road-trip encompassing the South Eastern region of Australia (Melbourne, Canberra, Sydney, Brisbane) on my 4 month old Focus. Throughout the journey I was praying the car would not break down. :)

On some parts of my journey, I'd be like driving from morning to late evening and I'm glad my bum did not hurt. :)

I'm glad my new car survived the long trip and so happy to be cruising around in a Ford Focus.

regards.
wsm

·
Registered
313 Posts
Just want to say Hi. I picked up my 2012 Blue Candy SEL Hatch yesterday, I already put over 200 miles on it and love it! Coming from an 05 Explorer XLT getting 15 MPG if I stick to all highways. After half a tank of gas I'm averaging 32.5 MPG with 75% highway. I'm loving it car and the MFT.

·
Registered
683 Posts
[welcome]

JayDeZ
Veterano43
wanglabs
Babehuee
Rap4th

Enjoy your sweet new cars and the forums.

[cheers]

·
Registered
54 Posts
More fun than Ford Falcon

This Focus S is more fun that my first car, a 200 dollar 65 Ford Falcon with a 6 banger. That was back in 75. I can't pop the clutch and burn rubber on the Focus, but it makes me remember how much fun the Falcon was.

·
Registered
463 Posts
This Focus S is more fun that my first car, a 200 dollar 65 Ford Falcon with a 6 banger. That was back in 75. I can't pop the clutch and burn rubber on the Focus, but it makes me remember how much fun the Falcon was.
I always liked those Falcons and you can make them fast just like the Mustang. When I was in highschool a kid had a Falcon Sprint with nice wheels and 289 in it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
We finally traded our Lincoln Navigator '06 for the Focus 5 door SEL, with all but the my touch. So far I am really happy with the handling, comfort of a small vehicle and what a improvement from previous years! Love it!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Do you miss the roomy Navigator compared to the Focus? I'm picking my SE sport up on Thrusday and trading in a '04 Expedition.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Do you miss the roomy Navigator compared to the Focus? I'm picking my SE sport up on Thrusday and trading in a '04 Expedition.
The atmosphere between the Navigator and Focus are sooo different. Now, I like the ride the Focus has to offer, (much improvement has been made) comfort, mileage $$$, and I have just had to make a few adjustments for traveling with travel softball (daughter) like a smaller cooler, up dee do may stay at home or have someone else take it. I can still plug in any accessories computer, Ipod, etc....

But for my husband and I when the last one goes to college in a year it will be perfect. The big vehicles were great when I had to travel with everything but the kitchen sink. Good times yes especially when you have parents night out....time for new memories.

With the fold down seat 60/40 there will be plenty of room I believe. Now for the trip to the Lake....Just might have to take the F150 too

·
Registered
17 Posts
race red sel love

My 2003 red se was about to hit 260,000 miles. Until a herd of deer destroyed her. I loved that car. My new 2012 race red sel is a stunning beauty. Ford has made a wonderful car. My co workers can't believe the build quality. Its been one week so far and I'm in love with my new car.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just picked up my white platinum titanium today. I love the steering weight and the handling. It feels really stable and planted. The only thing that annoys me is the terrible turning radius because I have the handling package.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Was driving at the local dive mall today when I ended up at a t-bone intersection to leave the property. The car across from me was in a new sterling grey focus sedan. The guy driving looked at me in almost a mentos commercial moment and honked his horn as he drove by. I'm pretty sure if we had our windows down we would have high fived... It was hilariously funny...lol

·
Registered
463 Posts
My 2003 red se was about to hit 260,000 miles. Until a herd of deer destroyed her. I loved that car. My new 2012 race red sel is a stunning beauty. Ford has made a wonderful car. My co workers can't believe the build quality. Its been one week so far and I'm in love with my new car.
Welcome to the forum, sorry to hear that you lost a good car but I'm sure you will like this one a lot more

·
Registered
28 Posts
My second week and I am still excited as hell to get behind the wheel. Absolutely love the S mode when zipping around on the highway. Have a buddy who has the mind set that if its domestic, its crap. Until I showed him everything the car has and how great the build quality is for the price I payed.....he was impressed, thou still a BMW head.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Mine rolled over 1000 miles and the trans keeps getting smoother. There used to be a hesitation or so I thought taking off but it seems to have really smoothed out

·
Eh!
11,225 Posts
Was driving at the local dive mall today when I ended up at a t-bone intersection to leave the property. The car across from me was in a new sterling grey focus sedan. The guy driving looked at me in almost a mentos commercial moment and honked his horn as he drove by. I'm pretty sure if we had our windows down we would have high fived... It was hilariously funny...lol
That's hilarious! I wish more focus owners did this! EVerytime I see a focus, I take a look at 'er lol

·
Registered
143 Posts
Just had a triple Focus moment at the lights.

Grey SE hatch in front of me, silver SE hatch in the right lane. I wanted to squeeze my yellow Ti over to the left lane so it'd look awesome for the cars on the other side of the intersection, but no dice. [:D]

301 - 320 of 1332 Posts