Focus Fanatics Forum banner

221 - 240 of 1334 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Owner of my first Ford, 2012 Focus SE/Sport Package! This is the first car to make me smile while driving it since owning my 2000 Trans Am back in 2002. Couldn't be happier. :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
bought mine Feb 19th. It's awesome !

Sterling Grey SE 5dr / SE Sport Package / 5spd manual / moonroof / winter package / black 17" wheels. No good pics taken yet. Sorry !

·
Registered
269 Posts
I haven't seen anyone bash the 12 Focus, but I can see that the styling would be fairly polarizing...

·
Registered
278 Posts
Look around at some of the threads in this forum about the 2012 DCT/Powershift transmission or about MFT. Yeah, lots of bashing going on.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Look around at some of the threads in this forum about the 2012 DCT/Powershift transmission or about MFT. Yeah, lots of bashing going on.
seems to border on self-loathing for buying such a pile! But I do see the point of those who have legit issues...having a brand new car with a blender for a transmission would be a major bummer...Imagine gettng her home, then going out that night to get some Ice cream, and....gggggggrrrrrrrriiind! No issues on mine other than the door seals tend to pop off if your coat catches em. Other than that, no issues here.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I love my Focus. It is my first American car and they did it right. Guess us happy owners are out driving rather than posting.

·
Registered
269 Posts
seems to border on self-loathing for buying such a pile! But I do see the point of those who have legit issues...having a brand new car with a blender for a transmission would be a major bummer...Imagine gettng her home, then going out that night to get some Ice cream, and....gggggggrrrrrrrriiind! No issues on mine other than the door seals tend to pop off if your coat catches em. Other than that, no issues here.
That does make sense. I would gripe too if that happened. But I don't have MFT, so there's only the transmission for me to gripe about, which actually doesn't suck nearly as much for me as I've been told it should.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have an SE with 5 speed manual. My trade was a 2010 Subaru Legacy with CVT and I hated that transmission. But then I have always preferred manuals. No car is without some issues, I hope Ford figures out how to make software improvements with the automatic for the sake of the people having issues.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Just bought my 12 Blue Candy Titanium last night. Loving it, my first Ford. Traded in a Nissan Juke and I'm looking forward to getting better MPG and getting familiar with all the technology the car has.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I love my Focus. It is my first American car and they did it right. Guess us happy owners are out driving rather than posting.
It's my first American car too. 1500 miles so far and it hasn't broken down, so it has already exceeded my expectations [:0]. It handles great, and I LOVE the MFT, buggyness and all. Having all the controls integrated into one system is awesome. I also love this forum. The very minor shortcomings have easily been addressed with fixes found by other users (Bluetooth mic wind noise, no dead pedal, etc). [loveff]

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
That does make sense. I would gripe too if that happened. But I don't have MFT, so there's only the transmission for me to gripe about, which actually doesn't suck nearly as much for me as I've been told it should.
First line was sarcastic LOL!! I love the car, it just seems like some new owners consider their major, major purchase to be a mistake...guess they bought too soon, shoulda waited 5 years for every single kink to work out...

·
Registered
463 Posts
I am really impressed with this car. I'm 6'4" and fit fine, which is more than I can say for my 96 mustang, had to modifiy the seat track just to be able to drive it comfortably.
Just started looking the end of Febuary and not really sure if I wanted to buy a car, but saw the candy blue in person and drove one with the options I wanted. That was all it took, I was hooked. None in my area which is funny as there is a lot of dealers in southeast Wisconsin but none in the color and manual trans., had to go north 50 some miles to find two. Paid 100 under invoice and 2000 rebate what a deal.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I am really impressed with this car. I'm 6'4" and fit fine, which is more than I can say for my 96 mustang, had to modifiy the seat track just to be able to drive it comfortably.
Just started looking the end of Febuary and not really sure if I wanted to buy a car, but saw the candy blue in person and drove one with the options I wanted. That was all it took, I was hooked. None in my area which is funny as there is a lot of dealers in southeast Wisconsin but none in the color and manual trans., had to go north 50 some miles to find two. Paid 100 under invoice and 2000 rebate what a deal.
Agreed, I'm 6'4" and I fit just fine.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I am only 5' 9" and headroom in the car is fine but I keep hitting my head when getting out of it! I can't figure out how, either. Doesn't happen every time but enough to annoy me. Probably just me being blonde as usual! LOL!

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?pijmhi
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
i am only 5' 9" and headroom in the car is fine but i keep hitting my head when getting out of it! I can't figure out how, either. Doesn't happen every time but enough to annoy me. Probably just me being blonde as usual! Lol!
duck!! Lol

·
Registered
683 Posts
I am only 5' 9" and headroom in the car is fine but I keep hitting my head when getting out of it! I can't figure out how, either. Doesn't happen every time but enough to annoy me. Probably just me being blonde as usual! LOL!
It might be that you aren't getting out perpendicular to the car. What I mean by that is, check and see if you swing your legs all the way to the left before you exit or if you are stepping out more toward the front of the door opening. The aerodynamic nature of our Foci certainly limits how much of the door opening is full or typical height. [scratch]

·
Registered
90 Posts
I've had my Focus for about 1200 miles now, and I just got a 33.9 MPG tankful. BWTM; it's at least 80% around town. That, and it's huge fun to drive, makes it a winner in my book!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Woo Hoo! Just bought a 2012 Focus SE Sedan in Frosted Glass with Package 203A and the Winter Package. Since the wife will be the primary driver, it's got an automatic (I've still got the Bimmer for shifting my own gears)...

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've had my 2012 SE 5 door, Sport pkg, Yellow Blaze for 3 weeks and I love it more each day. After 23 years of driving the family mini-van it was time to have a fun car again. For years I had my heart set on a Shelby GT, but family economics and gas prices forced me to be much more practical. Getting my little Focus in bright yellow with a moonroof, machined alloy wheels, manual transmission, and a decent sound system has been a great compromise. I might not have the fastest or loudest car in town, but it really hugs these mountain roads and made my 23 year old daughter with a turbo WRX jealous. What more could I want!

221 - 240 of 1334 Posts