Focus Fanatics Forum banner

201 - 220 of 1334 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Don't judge your experience by what you read in the "bad press" by a bunch of nitpicking whiners. You could buy some folks a steak dinner every night and they'd find something to gripe about. You've got a great car made by the best car mfgr in the world. Enjoy your car and don't worry about what those folks say.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I kinda did that^^^, but I basically found that the Focus SE Sport was fun to drive according to most reviewers.

I recently picked up a white 2012 Focus SE Sport with an (boo) automatic. I have to admit, at first the DSG was kinda laggy, but it's actually improved after learning how I drive. It's a fun car to drive with lively handling, pretty good steering feel, a nice exhaust note, and great road feel. It's ALMOST as fun to drive as my wife's Mini Clubman. Coming from a 13.7 sec 1/4 mile GTP, it feels kinda slow, but what do you expect going from 300 HP to 160...

·
Registered
368 Posts
I kinda did that^^^, but I basically found that the Focus SE Sport was fun to drive according to most reviewers.

I recently picked up a white 2012 Focus SE Sport with an (boo) automatic. I have to admit, at first the DSG was kinda laggy, but it's actually improved after learning how I drive. It's a fun car to drive with lively handling, pretty good steering feel, a nice exhaust note, and great road feel. It's ALMOST as fun to drive as my wife's Mini Clubman. Coming from a 13.7 sec 1/4 mile GTP, it feels kinda slow, but what do you expect going from 300 HP to 160...
Agree. The SE Sport is a fun car to drive. I got an auto too lol. Love playing with the sports mode!

It's just that, the exterior of the Ti is sexier than the lower trims. I also got the sedan. The 18" looks better on a HB than sedan. Plus, no love for the sedans accessory-wise. :(

·
Registered
269 Posts
Agree. The SE Sport is a fun car to drive. I got an auto too lol. Love playing with the sports mode!

It's just that, the exterior of the Ti is sexier than the lower trims. I also got the sedan. The 18" looks better on a HB than sedan. Plus, no love for the sedans accessory-wise. :(
That Sport mode is MANDATORY for getting on the freeway. [8D] what the wife does when I put it in sport-[slap]

Does the Sport mode open up something in the exhaust? In the wife's MINI, that thing ROARS with the Sport mode on. This thing seems to sound a little more aggressive (yet still just the right volume) in sport mode...

·
Registered
58 Posts
I love driving mine. Havent even had it a week yet but I get excited when I wake up for work, knowing Im gonna be driving my focus shortly lol

·
Registered
64 Posts
Have had my new Focus for 5 days and love it more everyday. My first new car and its a blast to drive. Lots of useful info on this site. Hope to be able to contribute.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Have had my new Focus for 5 days and love it more everyday. My first new car and its a blast to drive. Lots of useful info on this site. Hope to be able to contribute.
welcome aboard! Sweet car, huh?[8D]

·
Registered
269 Posts
Hey what do you know, this is my first brand new car too. It is a lot of fun to drive, but my wife had to go buy a MINI Cooper Clubman-which is probably one of the most fun cars out there today-literally the day after I picked up my Focus.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Hey what do you know, this is my first brand new car too. It is a lot of fun to drive, but my wife had to go buy a MINI Cooper Clubman-which is probably one of the most fun cars out there today-literally the day after I picked up my Focus.
thank goodness she didnt get the "sport Coupe" or whatever the new one is called! WTF is up with that thing?? More $$$ than a cooper S, and slower!!! NOt to mention uuuuuuggggggly

·
Registered
269 Posts
There's really no point to that thing. It's kind of a bastardization of the MINI name. I mean look at it, then look at a standard Cooper. Why?

She didn't want a Countryman, and with a 7 month old, she needed some space in the car. So she got the most logical, the Clubman. And man is that a tiny, but awesome, car.

·
Registered
296 Posts
There's really no point to that thing. It's kind of a bastardization of the MINI name. I mean look at it, then look at a standard Cooper. Why?
I saw some guy driving a vintage Mini Cooper (right-hand drive, even) on Highway 1 out in Langley yesterday. It looked like a 3/5 scale model of the current Mini.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I love driving mine. Havent even had it a week yet but I get excited when I wake up for work, knowing Im gonna be driving my focus shortly lol
That's the way I feel, too. This car is the perfect daily driver for me. Perfect size, perfect interior, great gas mileage, great looks, excellent kit, and fun to drive while retaining commuter-mobile practicality. And I love the OEM 18" wheels. I even love the MyFord Touch system when it isn't acting up, and I can't wait for the update.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
I saw some guy driving a vintage Mini Cooper (right-hand drive, even) on Highway 1 out in Langley yesterday. It looked like a 3/5 scale model of the current Mini.
Got to drive an original spec MINI out at the airport I used to work at, torn up the taxiways, what a blast...10 inch race wheels...so go-cart, so sweet...right hand drive with 1965 no syncro trans was interesting, you have to be ONE with the car.

·
Registered
269 Posts
WANT one. That's awesome.

My car hit 300 miles today. They grow up fast, don't they? lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
Don't judge your experience by what you read in the "bad press" by a bunch of nitpicking whiners. You could buy some folks a steak dinner every night and they'd find something to gripe about. You've got a great car made by the best car mfgr in the world. Enjoy your car and don't worry about what those folks say.
Some people have legitimate complaints. To be expected with an initial release. But, I think there are far more satisfied owners and I belive Ford has a made a fine car!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Bought my 12' Ti this past sunday and have been in love since. I look forward to driving to and from work everyday just so i can be in the thing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I love my Focus Titanium. Its a happy place to be driving in Alaska. Seat warmers that work great. Absolute neck breaker. So many compliments.

Tinted the windows Dark! makes it look so much better. Even installed a Alpine System. Car is a blast.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Absolutely loving my SEL so far!

1,500 km atm and each one as great as the next. :)

All my friends are jealous and fight over the ambient lighting! haha.

Can't wait to sport my 17" painted wheels in the summer and tint my windows.

The SGM shines best in the summer light.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Love my 2012 Tuxedo Black Titanium!

I just got this one Tuesday and love being in it. It's a fully loaded Titanium. Today was a lot of fun. Got the windows tinted and put an Injen short ram intake in it.

201 - 220 of 1334 Posts