Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who are uncertain about this program and using it.... dont be!

All i wanted to do was turn off the DRL function on my car.
Used a UNMODIFIED ELM327 to turn them off, and allow the foglights to turn on anytime.

While i was at it, figured may as well turn on Global open/close! (for those who dont know what that is like i did at first, it allows you to open/close all windows at once with the key fob)

it was so easy to do, from start to finish, only took me 20-30 minutes. (installing drivers, downloading foCCCus app, forscan and actually doing the process)

I got no codes or CEL what so ever when changing just those three things and had no need to even use forscan!

also suggest saving the original file that gets downloaded from BCM just in case you change something you didnt want too or mess something up, which, is pretty hard to do if you are careful! :) For all those also wondering, i only touched the main screen on foCCCus, which says to read from BCM and a couple others, but you only need to read, save, and adjust the BCM for these three things to work, im sure there are others that can be done without the modified ELM327 but i didnt go down that road as all i wanted was the DRL OFF!

The whole process was really simple, and I am glad i took the steps to do it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
didnt get a CEL but i guess i could check it... do i need the modified ELM to reset the computer to delete the codes?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
had some issues, i think i resolved them though.... after using forscan, i got the CEL to come up and could not get it to go away.... after some messing around i got it gone though.... i hope.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Mine is set to the 3rd option for global open/close.

Remote start using the same buttons as your open/close? I know my remote start was set to holding the lock button which overlapped with global closing. You can reprogram that part though. Aftermarket remote start on mine so who knows if that is useful to you or not.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i figured it out, didnt have to re-open focccus or forscan, just went into the dash menu and then remote start, set back to default settings, works great now. global open close still works too. set mine to open/close bmax. & to make things even worse, one of my bulbs burnt out for the fog so i thought i messed something up haha. turns out it was just a blown bulb... hopefully coincidence and not related to the changes i made.

·
Registered
233 Posts
i figured it out, didnt have to re-open focccus or forscan, just went into the dash menu and then remote start, set back to default settings, works great now. global open close still works too...
Awesome to hear, coyotefiveoh. Should the issue arise, I'll be here to assist. Have a nice weekend.

Kwasi

·
Registered
609 Posts
hey coyote which option did you use to modify the fogs coming on ? thanks

·
Registered
609 Posts
oh ok. thats odd--my car is an SE sport and according to that site

http://ford.xtlt.ru/ab/

with my VIN in it says unknown... so i would just need to configure it to 02-Foglamp? thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i think so. try it and see! :)
that site may not be 100% accurate either, when i read the vehicle, some settings were slightly different that what that generator told me.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Ok nice. Did you notice if you were able to disable the tpms sensors ?

·
Registered
609 Posts
fantastic, thanks man.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts