Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Already posted in new members to say hi but now I'll go to MK1 forum for some input. Got a mint 5spd 01 ZX3 for a steal from my job (work for Ford [thumb]) with 42000 original little old lady church and grocery store miles on it. I got some ideas on what I'm going to do but im just searching for some opinions on mods to do maybe simple things you did when you first got your focus. I do have my own style/plans and not here to copy anyones car just looking for friendly chatter and input from the seasoned fanatics, research only does so much hearing from people is always nice [cheers]

·
Registered
495 Posts
Full exhaust, upgrade intake and throttle body, upgraded cams and a tune! Upgrade the brakes and suspension as well then call it a day!

The exterior is what it is! IMO the excitement comes with modifying what's under the hood and chassis.

Opinions are a great place to start.....

Welcome aboard!

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
The SVT interior swaps directly. Do as GhostTribute says. Dyno tuned cam gears will bring up your mid-range torque up nicely as well. A SCT tuner like what Tom(member 1turbofocus)offers. It's something like $420.00 shipped to your door.

Nice find man. Post pics soon.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Is it an SPI?? V8 swap lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is a 2.0 Zetec luckily lol I think I'm going to start with suspension doing a budget build so I'll be going with racelands or fks if I decide to message someone on the uk ebay (hold the negativity)

Attachments

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
Got a mint 5spd 01 ZX3 for a steal from my job (work for Ford [thumb]) with 42000 original little old lady church and grocery store miles on it.
Lucky bastard. I love cars when they have low miles & are in better condition than most others. Congrats!

As said already, my vote is to get a tune first or soon; this includes an SCT XCAL Flasher or a similar type. This allows you to baseline your car with some test drives & datalogs to see where you are at now; and this makes future mods easier to manage, record, see and feel your progress.

There are several tuners/companies out there; Tom's service is a great deal and is highly recommended by many-> http://www.focus-power.com/

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Suspension is always nice, takes advantage of the best attribute of the car (good handling).

Looks like 16" wheels with good tires on there already, making a wheel/tire swap for something even more performance intended less of a priority.

No SPI's in the hatchbacks, that bullet dodged. Zetec has many options for performance changes & except for external issues is quite dependable (thermostat leaks, crossover tube leakage/breakage are cooling system possibilities).

·
Jetsetter
6,657 Posts
Your one lucky SOB!

[welcome] to ff.com

all is great info above. Personally I'd just do some window tint and leave the exterior as is, Its a good looking car without a body or lip kit.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lucky bastard. I love cars when they have low miles & are in better condition than most others. Congrats!

As said already, my vote is to get a tune first or soon; this includes an SCT XCAL Flasher or a similar type. This allows you to baseline your car with some test drives & datalogs to see where you are at now; and this makes future mods easier to manage, record, see and feel your progress.

There are several tuners/companies out there; Tom's service is a great deal and is highly recommended by many-> http://www.focus-power.com/
The car is mint I really doubt if there's another 14 year old Focus as close to factory fresh as this. A tune will definitely come the more I read about the Zetec a tune is best for all around daily performance and function.
Suspension is always nice, takes advantage of the best attribute of the car (good handling).

Looks like 16" wheels with good tires on there already, making a wheel/tire swap for something even more performance intended less of a priority.

No SPI's in the hatchbacks, that bullet dodged. Zetec has many options for performance changes & except for external issues is quite dependable (thermostat leaks, crossover tube leakage/breakage are cooling system possibilities).
Yup figure I got nice wheels already with minty new tires she put on two weeks before trading the car in so I lucked out so I might as well fill in the wheel gap first and for most. Already ran into the thermostat housing hiccup but that's the perks of working for Ford everything was replaced properly.
Your one lucky SOB!

[welcome] to ff.com

all is great info above. Personally I'd just do some window tint and leave the exterior as is, Its a good looking car without a body or lip kit.
Thanks! Definitely needs a tint I like sticking with the clean stock look most I'd do is later down the road a European rear bumper it looks so much smoother.

So far I love the car it's everything I need and with working for Ford and it being domestic and quite aged parts are cheap and everywhere now. It's a Focus and it's not fast but it's super clean which makes it worth modding in my opinion. I've got no financial backing to boost it and quite frankly I'd rather just keep it reliable and be thankful I fell into it when I did so I can keep saving for a RS. (I knew about it before the initial release announcement [giggle])

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
An SVT rear bumper with the SAP defuser looks boss.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts