Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know this can't be right.... **UPDATE!!! 6/3/06** NEW/OLD PICS

So, last spring, I purchased a Magnaflow catback system for my ZTS. Recently, I looked under the car, and to my dismay, the pipe that connects between the CAT and the muffler is pitted BADLY... all 3 and a half feet of it. However, the muffler back is fine, no pitting, still shiny,etc...

WTF!!! I'll take pictures tomrorow during the day, but MAGNAFLOW is definitely getting a call tomorrow. I live in a road salt-thrown area, but this past winter was REALLY TAME... so, i got no clue.

anyone else had this problem?

I'll tell ya, I wasn't too pleased when it came time for the install last spring either. A few things irked me. For starters, they didn't include any mounting hardware to mount this said pipe to the catalytic pipe. I had to goto the hardware store. In addition, there wasn't a gasket for that connection either! Finally, the two pipes (the OEM cat and this said pipe) didn't make a good fit... it almost seemed like it was the wrong pipe! When I called them that day expressing my concern, the guy on the phone said their computers were down and he couldn't help me and for me to call back the following day...

so, 10 months and rust already??? end rant. pictures tomrorow.

-john
SQF

·
GreyRice WOoT!
10,786 Posts
wow that sucks, they better send ya a new one, less u didnt do a good enough seal and saly got inside the pipe and corrdoded it

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I live in Pittsburgh. We normally have a snowy winter. I think this past season, it snowed once or twice maybe. like i said, TAME. the seal (or lack thereof) wasn't large enough for salt to somehow enter the pipe right at the point of entry, and somehow 'stop' right at the end of the pipe.

What I'd really like... them send me a new pipe, a little reluctant to pay for shipping, but if needed I'll pay for shipping... when I get it, I install it, and they can send a call tag (or destroy in field) for this one I got... but I'm not being inconvenienced for two weeks (a week to get to CA, and another week back from CA) by not being able to drive the car...

-john
SQF

·
Registered
454 Posts
that's crap....hit them up

i'm sure they will replace it, they will probably require either detailed pictures of your current exhaust or they will want the whole thing back

FIGHT for a new one, you'll get it :)

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lets see if these show up... LARGE IMAGES *BEWARE*

I called Magnaflow, told them whats going on. they indeed said that it shouldn't have pitted, and that I should take it back to the place where I bought it (online... Cardomain, btw, good place!).

Called up my guys at Cardomain, and i'm waiting to hear back from them as to what they're gonna do for me...

-john
SQF

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
**UPDATE**

so, nearly a month later, I get a new exhaust shipped to me. Get the car up in the air to remove the old one, and all the bolts are rusted :) cursing and a few beers later, i got it off...

OLD/NEW exhausts side by side...

Magnaflow 15697

new ones on, we'll see...

-john
SQF

·
Jetsetter
6,657 Posts
cool man good to hear that they replaced it for you!

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
damn that sucks goats nuts..,

1 - 14 of 14 Posts