Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
like i said, this is a discussed topic, but i've never head this particular little thing specifically talked about. if i get a race header and eliminate the cat, how would i pass emissions? and how do you that have them pass? and if you don't, how do you drive without getting stopped?
-ben

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
many switch over to stock...some get by because they don't do visual...the car will pass emissions with the race header.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wait... so you're saying i wouldn't need a cat to pass emissions? because that's not what i've been told. is there anyway to relocate a hi-flow cat somewhere?

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
you won't pass visual...you will pass smog, you could install a cat near the flex, but if it works as it should...i wouldn't really think so. if your worried...just do a shorty and high flow.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
There isn't any emissions testing done in West Virginia that I know of.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i guess if i didn't pass i could just put the cat back or something. would a shorty and a hi-flow cat yield the same power as a race header?

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
inline_engine_lover said:
i guess if i didn't pass i could just put the cat back or something. would a shorty and a hi-flow cat yield the same power as a race header?
of course not...but close power.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts