Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Broken cars s[:)][:)][:)] :(
18,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e165/avengerc4/Random Pics/IMG_0243.jpg

When I lifted the car to check out the oil pan I noticed the Lower motor mount seems to be tightened too much. Is this ok? What are the specs? 35 lbs right? I brought this in to get put on, since the old one was rusted to the car (the bolt at least) and I'm sure they put it on with an impact wrench. Thanks again all! I know jack about motor stuff and mounts and whatnot so I appreciate the help
-Joe

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
It looks fine to me.
ever VF mount I've seen installed, has the bushing smushed against the subframe.

As long as it's not tight enough to cause damage, and split the bushing... It'll be alright.

·
18,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sweet. thanks!
-Joe

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
I did find out one thing that with the mount like that one that has that huge lip, it vibrates excessivly into the interior. We machined off that big lip and made it surface level and it stopped vibrating as much. Does yours vibrate alot of the interior like your steering wheel and such?

·
Registered
500 Posts
Just wanted to say I have mine tightened I will have to check with a toruqe wrench but mine looks just like that and sometimes its not bad but other times it shakes the wheel when I am at a light. I dont mind it (might if I was out on a date or with someone new) but all my friends and family know how my car is.

Also I noticed sometimes at a light if I have the break depressed I get a rattle on the break.... has me a little worried. If I take my foot off it stops, doesnt seem to mess anything up.

·
Registered
176 Posts
The in-cab vibration is normal with those mounts. They are considerably stiffer than the OEM mounts that are designed to absord the vibration - the downside is they rob a fair amount of power by allowing the engine/transaxle to torque front to back instead of transferring that movement to the subframe/wheels. The aftermarket mounts resolve this but transfer the vibration to the subframe making for a shakier ride.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Thats what i was trying to say is it doesnt have to be like that. I have the Energy Suspension mounts and they dont do that and the only difference i could see was that lip. if you take it off, that vibration will stop. Just trying to help.

·
18,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
actually I get a little vibration but nothing thats horrible to where I'm like dammit make it stop! lol....I hardly feel any if that so I'mquite thrilled actually. But thanks for the idea mike! :D

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Yes sir........just here to help if i can

1 - 10 of 10 Posts