Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know... I'm weak. A bunch of you guys had me convinced that any coated bulb will have a lower life expectancy, but nevertheless, I gave in today. Reason being: Last night while driving down some really dark roads, I realized the stock 9003s weren't going to cut it. I had two other friends in the car running deer-spotting ops for me, and we STILL missed a few of them. I've reaimed the headlights to their maximum legal height, and I just don't feel as safe not seeing as much. So, it was off to Pep Boys, and now they're in the car. It just got dark, so I haven't tried them out yet.

Anyone else with Silverstars, relate your experiences with them please. I want to know what I got myself into. Thanks!

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
I just installed mine on Wednesday.

1. About 20-30% brighter than stock
2. Definitly a lot whiter light than stock

I went behind a grocery store that had no street lights to see how they looked with no other lights and man, do those lights look white and bright.

The only draw back is if you turn on your fog lights, the fogs look yellow.
So, now I have to find some matching white fog bulbs.

I wish I had $450 bucks so I could just buy a HIDS to get some real light action on the road.

Overall, I like them but not sure if I can afford $40-50 bucks once a year, which is the life expectancy of the SilverStars.
[thumb]

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
Certainly you will like these over the stocks. I do not have Silverstars, but do have a similar bulb from Hella called the HIP. I have found the "whiter" light to be much better in snowy weather. If you have the fog lights, you will notice quite the different color eminating from them (you might consider replacing their bulbs to Silverstars as well). ALthough no where near as powerful as true HID lighting, these are a positive improvement. Enjoy.
BTW...Bat has the HIP's for like $8 each....

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
I already looked. No SilverStar fog light bulbs(bulb #899).
[:(]

SilverStar's seem to be primarily for headlights.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
ive had them on my focus for about 6 months and they are still rockin. i love mine. i think they are much nicer than those ricer blue headlights. its a clean fresh look, and btw they are dope you cant go wrong.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
if i can remember 9003 or something like that....im not to sure i don't have the box in front of me and it was a long time ago : (

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
I have the Hella HIP bulbs from BAT inc. They are really nice. I went ahead and bought another set for back ups though.

·
Registered
110 Posts
thanks for the help with the numbers. i have been going to the store and see them but they never have anything to tell which bulbs i needed.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The fog light part # is 899. And yes, HotRod, I noticed the enhanced snow visibility in tonight's blizzard. I LOVE these things.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have the GE (Cheap Version, ya i know) Cool Blue version and for like $4 a light, its not bad, i like them, and i have noticed that they look SOOOOOO much better, BTW where can i get the REAL HID lights from FORD??

·
Broken cars s[:)][:)][:)] :(
18,832 Posts
those things only have a life expentancy of a year?!?!?!?! wtf?!?!? my friend said they'd last about 5!!!! :(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts