Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i just bought an svt zx5 focus it seems like a great car i pick it up on monday!
is there things i should know about this car?
like ive been looking for one for a while and i know alot about them
so just posting this out here
and i was also wondering where i can get ahold of halos for the car

·
Registered
352 Posts
Don't but the halos on ebay. I didn't get mine on ebay, but they sell them there. They are terribly difficult to aim the head lamps.

but here's a pic of mine at night....

·
Registered
579 Posts
svtf

[welcome] enjoy the car and the forum's....

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
welcome ot the svt club and focusfanatics.com [welcome]

be sure to post of some pics when you bring her home. i've heard mixed reviews of the halos of ebay. i guess they can go either way, just the chance you want to take. i'd suggest getting the mach HIDs which imo are the best headlights for the focus. and they look badass as well. i get lots of compliments and they really do shine up the road at night.

·
Registered
27 Posts
[welcome] . hope you enjoy your svtf and welcome to the site

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the only thing that sucks right now about the car is the tires... theres at least 3 ft of snow here and the roads are plowed shitty there brand new tires but there the toyo proxes tr1s
really suck in snow

·
WWTPD?
1,735 Posts
I feel you. Im running pirelli p zero neros, almost impossible to drive in fresh snow or anything involving ice.

If you know about its quirks already, the only suggestion I have for you is to get the thing fully lubed up with royal purple, both for the motor and RP synchromax for the tranny. After that you might consider the usual mods we do to enhance the drivability. Tune (must have, you'll soon find out) , short throw shifter, rear engine mount, maybe an intake or drop in filter. Good luck with her!

·
CloudNine88's Man
3,465 Posts
PM Tom, (1TurboFocus) for his predator tune. It's ABSOLUTELY worth it.

[welcome] by the way. Does your SVT have the recarros????

·
Registered
744 Posts
PM Tom, (1TurboFocus) for his predator tune. It's ABSOLUTELY worth it.

[welcome] by the way. Does your SVT have the recarros????
Too true about the tune, don't wait any longer, stop eating, get a tune, it's the best money you can spend on your car.

He probably doesn't have the recaro seats, if he did, he'd have the HID headlights and wouldn't be asking about headlight updates.

·
Broken cars s[:)][:)][:)] :(
18,832 Posts
welcome :D I just ordered toms tune so hopefully it'll come in next week. I'll see how I like it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts