Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i hit the deer head on the condenser radiator and fan are bent could the fan have cut the wires to the throttle body sensor? i have the body parts i need to get the exterior of the car running safe. but i need to know why if i push the clutch and gas pedal to the floor there isn't any rpm rev and the exhaust spudders when i turn it over. over all the hit wasn't horrible nothing too major other than the headlights and hood. i just want this car running strong again so i wont have to worry about my other vehicle dying on me and sell it.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
There is a fuel pump cut off device for head on collisions. You might want to find it and make sure it is reset.
(I know about it.. but WHERE it is ????)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is a fuel pump cut off device for head on collisions. You might want to find it and make sure it is reset.
(I know about it.. but WHERE it is ????)
the vehicle still turns over though? and it runs. the codes the computer is giving out are all for the throttle sensor there is nothing on the computer about the fuel pump

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
How far back were the radiator and fan pushed? Have you inspected the connector and wiring for the throttle body? What exactly are the codes you're getting?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How far back were the radiator and fan pushed? Have you inspected the connector and wiring for the throttle body? What exactly are the codes you're getting?
the radiator and fan are pretty close to the engine maybe about like 2 inches away? the codes are p2111, p0122, p0223

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Inspect the throttlebody and wiring for damage.

P0122

Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor A Circuit Low
Description The electronic throttle control (ETC) throttle position (TP) sensor 1 circuit was flagged as a concern by the powertrain control module (PCM) indicating a low voltage or open circuit.
Possible Causes Open ETC TP sensor harness
Short to ground in the ETC TP sensor harness
Damaged TP sensor
SIG RTN circuit open to the TP sensor

Diagnostic Aids This concern exhibits a symptom of limited power. A TP1 PID reading less than 0.25 volt in ignition ON, engine OFF or ignition ON, engine running indicates a concern is present.

P0223

Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch B Circuit High
Description The electronic throttle control (ETC) throttle position (TP) sensor 2 circuit was flagged as a concern by the powertrain control module (PCM) indicating a high voltage.
Possible Causes TP sensor harness short to voltage
TP sensor harness short to VREF
TP2 circuit open
ETCRTN circuit open
Damaged TP sensor

Diagnostic Aids This concern exhibits a symptom of limited power. A TP2 PID reading greater than 4.75 volts in ignition ON, engine OFF or ignition ON, engine running indicates a concern is present.

P2111

Throttle Actuator Control (TAC) System - Stuck Open
Description This powertrain control module (PCM) fault status indicates the throttle plate is at a greater angle than commanded.
Possible Causes Binding throttle body, stuck open
TAC motor circuit open
TAC motor circuits are cross-wired
TAC motor harness circuits are shorted together
Damaged PCM

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Inspect the throttlebody and wiring for damage.

P0122

Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor A Circuit Low
Description The electronic throttle control (ETC) throttle position (TP) sensor 1 circuit was flagged as a concern by the powertrain control module (PCM) indicating a low voltage or open circuit.
Possible Causes Open ETC TP sensor harness
Short to ground in the ETC TP sensor harness
Damaged TP sensor
SIG RTN circuit open to the TP sensor

Diagnostic Aids This concern exhibits a symptom of limited power. A TP1 PID reading less than 0.25 volt in ignition ON, engine OFF or ignition ON, engine running indicates a concern is present.

P0223

Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch B Circuit High
Description The electronic throttle control (ETC) throttle position (TP) sensor 2 circuit was flagged as a concern by the powertrain control module (PCM) indicating a high voltage.
Possible Causes TP sensor harness short to voltage
TP sensor harness short to VREF
TP2 circuit open
ETCRTN circuit open
Damaged TP sensor

Diagnostic Aids This concern exhibits a symptom of limited power. A TP2 PID reading greater than 4.75 volts in ignition ON, engine OFF or ignition ON, engine running indicates a concern is present.

P2111

Throttle Actuator Control (TAC) System - Stuck Open
Description This powertrain control module (PCM) fault status indicates the throttle plate is at a greater angle than commanded.
Possible Causes Binding throttle body, stuck open
TAC motor circuit open
TAC motor circuits are cross-wired
TAC motor harness circuits are shorted together
Damaged PCM
how would you be able to tell if the throttle body is damaged? i know how to check the wiring harness for damage.

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
Fan starts out a couple inches from the intake assembly. If all the things are damaged that you mentioned it probably hit the engine (intake area) and sprung back a little afterwards.

From the codes you'd look at the intake & throttle body area first, the pedal assy./wiring might have been damaged as well - from your foot jamming against it in the crash.

Fresh marks on anything behind the radiator means that was hit, you can't tell how hard, so it all needs some closer inspection.

Bit more sleuthing to do checking for damage.

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
Ummm...

A screwdriver to remove the intake hose to check for an open throttle plate....

Right socket on a driver handle works better, but it's slotted for a screwdriver (or phillips end, varies).

Not sure what you're asking about...

·
Registered
473 Posts
Basically to get to the throttle body is like getting the the air filter. Just start removing the stuff around the air filter then you see a clamp from the hose leading to the air filter box and u remove that. Then you shall see it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts