Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is Coseworth the best for are cars? I have had 3 or 4 shops tell me Coseworth is the only way to go? i guess i have 2 questions....... are all the coseworth parts emissions leigel in the U.S. or will i have to do alot of work to make it pass? thx all[thumb]

·
Registered
301 Posts
I think there are a few threads similar to this one already, but pritty much cosworth parts are slightly bigger overall than another comparable part, like fs TB is 65mm and cossie is 67mm. and cosworths header primarys are like 1/8 of an inch bigger than draxas, their CAI is 3 1/2" and I think everyone elses is 3" and smaller and so on... (with the exception of their stage 1 cams, i think crane Is are slightly more agressive...)
since they are sligtly bigger than other companys they do flow better, but the trade off is bigger = more HP/TQ @ high rpms and loss of HP/TQ at low rpms. and vice versa with smaller parts.
so id say that if your just modding your car which is also a daily driver then go for the much cheaper, non-cossie parts. but if you plan on racing and doing pistons/rods/intake manifold/header/cams/P&P and so forth, then go for the cossie because the slightly bigger parts will give you a small benefit in the high (6000+rpm) range.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts