Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heres my idea-- i know i wont be able to go to the nation meet but i was wondering if we could a texas meet. i joined sometime in the summer and missed all the meets so heres my idea:

we should meet somewhere in the middle of the state-- Abilene is a good one b/c its pretty much in the middle --close for almost everyone [:D]

i'm not talking now but maybe in the spring of the summer --please hear me out -- tell me what you think
[8D] see yall

·
Registered
838 Posts
There was a meet in austin in august as a texas wide thing.. the next one is planned for houston in the spring time. (atleast that was what was talked about at the austin meet)

but other than that iano what to say :eek:

·
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST
15,097 Posts
Yes I believe the Texas Meets will be an on going thing ... and it's a great idea to have one every 2 seasons ... I have a feeling the next meet is south here in Houston ... than back up towards DFW then maybe back down towards the beach ...

But we will see.

-Ray-

·
Pimp'n ain't easy
11,215 Posts
i like the idea of one in abilene, but im def interested in going to a meet

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
see what i mean[bawling] -- no one from lubbock is on here --
houston is way to far from me to make it ---so..... i guess ill just have to wait and see if there will ever be one close to me --- maybe by some chance there would be one in the central part of the state [dunno]

·
Pimp'n ain't easy
11,215 Posts
yeah, im moving to stephenville in august so ill be able to go to the ones near dfw but it would be nice to have one centrally located

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
if there is any way that i could convice yall to have it more in the middle of the state ---i really think that everyone could make it to the center of the state --- just say you had it at the beach --very cool-- but you would loose many people from the top part of the state--- honestly DFW is very far for me -- so..... i really dont know--- i just would like for the center of the state to be a viable option---

sorry for the rant but i just wanted to plead my case

·
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST
15,097 Posts
Well ... Austin was the central of the state for those who came from DFW, Houston, and San Antonio. ... This is Texas ... Central is hard to find for everyone to be happy.

.... but you know there is a CENTERVILLE, TX ... but who or what is out there ...

a thing you need to also figure in is what are we going to do in any of the places we visit ... I mean the local Dave and Busters is to common at all the Major cities ... so finding something that is different than the other places makes it worth a drive for all of us.

-Ray-

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
heres some options from two towns that i know very well;

Abilene: 3 things ---
1: lot of twistee roads in a little town to the south called Buffalo Gap-- quite town and there are also alot of roads in the "hills"
2: Fronteir Texas -- kinda neat -- shows the history for the state
3: good food-- great steaks and bbq -- plus has some bigger chains and also has a decent drag strip and a drive-in movie theater

Lubbock : 4 things
1: alot of long stretches of high-way --
2: alot of small town stuff to do --CHEAPLY -- and alot of FREE stuff
3: has a NHRA sanctioned track and a drivein movie theater
4: good food-- local and good chains --

sooooooo thats my case --ofcorse there is alot more to do than what i mentioned but at least hopefully i peeked your intrest in the two spots [idea]

tell what you think

·
Pimp'n ain't easy
11,215 Posts
i agree. the roads around buffalo gap are fun to drive and very rarely are there any cops out there

·
Pimp'n ain't easy
11,215 Posts
so im taking it that you've had no luck..

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
no...... not after what you said the last time--- nobody posted their input -- nobody has even looked at it --so hopefully somebody will say something soon--- thanks for your input

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
we already had a central texas meet in austin. that was the texas round up. now this time its going to be in houston. next time after this might be dfw. then who knows after that, it might be austin again.

but honestly(not to be mean), this world doesn't revolve around you. and we cant just have a meet in your area near you because you wont leave outside a 150mi radius. the meets are not ment for drivability by distance, its ment for location. some might have to drive the longest distance and some might not. its whatever the city has to offer. with a location anywhere in texas, not everyone will be happy by the distance.

id say, suck it up and have a blast with the greatest texas foci group.[thumb]

and with the texas foci population it seems like majority is within a triangle of dfw, autsin, and houston.

and the central city is brownwood, texas

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
no.... i didnt mean to ruffle any feathers -- but i just thought that i would be neat to have a texas meet in the more top part of the state -- where everyone could have a different experiance than the typical cities -- thats all my sugesstions were--

so......... i guess someday i will suck it up but i just thought i would be time for a change of scenery -- out in the open part of the state --where you wouldnt be in traffic all the dang time --and also i think that the cities that i mentioned do have alot to offer -not just b/c i live here --i really do think, that if the group came to this part of the state, that it would have alot of fun and be able to drive in the endless sun and not have to worry about rain or other crap----

sooooooo thats where i stand --

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
just how good are Abilene's twisties?

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Tom-e and i are both from abilene (i live in lubbock now) and i can honestly say that is some spots you have to slow down to 10-15 mph -- and some you can breeze through --- --of coarse they are more out in the country in buffalo-gap (south)-- 15mins away from abilene--- plus you will drive through a state park twoard Lake abilene -- im telling ya --its a good place to test your car --lot of "twistees" down that way --

to the north -- Lake Ft. Phantom-- decent fun roads out that way to..

plus alot of good home cooking resturants

im just pleading my case

thanks for atleast seeming somewhat intrested

ps : heres a map(hope it works) --play with is and you can see our twistees
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl <---- doesnt take you to the right map--- youll have to search for abilene-- and the play around with it

look past Lake Abilene -- lots of twistees

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Fletcher, it is a great idea, however a whole group of people drive to meet up with another group of people. Not just one or two. My suggestion would be to start recruiting in your surrounding area and build a Fanatics crew for the lower panhandle region. When you look at the texas map, notice the footprint DFW, Houston and San Antonio have.
Look at the numbers here: http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=167479
This is what you need to work on. Build on the Lubbock crew.
[thumb]

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thanks for the sugesstion CAPTCOMPUTER,

but..... believe when i say this:

Ive honsetly tried on here and on the street. Every one that I see that has a focus is either female or old (here in Lubbock) and the occasional guys that I see driving a Focus pretty much wont give me the time of day[nutkick] --- I try to talk to them and they dont even know what type of focus they have. [poke] [ohcrap]

I guess I should print out the pimp-cards and start recruiting <----- btw/ where are the pimpcards (what forum)

so........ back to what I asked orignally --- I know that having people meet around the Abilene is a strecth but I think it would be well worth the effort-- alot of smaller town fun mixed w/ great country roads [:D] [headbang]

1 - 20 of 30 Posts