Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
04 ZX3 5 speed, when I fire it up in the morning or when cold, it has a vibration and weird sound as if the exhaust were loose and the motor mounts or transmounts are loose. After it heats up it subsides almost or completely depending on how cold it is outside The exhaust isn't loose to my knowledge but what is this?

·
Registered
17,159 Posts
Almost always the passenger side engine mount. You describe it perfectly. The key is getting better when warm, the engine warms up the rubber and it gets better. If much worse at idle and gets better at application of throttle pulling away from idle then even more.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Almost always the passenger side engine mount. You describe it perfectly. The key is getting better when warm, the engine warms up the rubber and it gets better. If much worse at idle and gets better at application of throttle pulling away from idle then even more.
Yes, that is it then as I thought. It stops when I pull off form a light or when the car warms up completely. I'll buy the new one tomorrow from Napa. I watched install instructions on youtub and it is easy to swap in for the new one. Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts