Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, there was a thread posted a while ago and we couldn't come up with a reason for one persons car to top-out at 108, another 105, some even as high as 109...

Well, I have a theory on why this phenomenon may be happening...

My Speedometer is off by almost 4 Miles per Hour... I used the Self Diag system in the odometer and compared the MPH against my Speedometer.. To my surprise the dash was over by 4 miles per hour... SO it said I was going 34 and I set cruise at 30 using the Digital Readout...

On the other hand a friend of mine has a Zetec focus and his was just about dead on.. Maybe like half of a mph over..

If you think about it this makes sense... I mean with out seeing the exact speed from the ECU you might think that your doing 109 when really your doing 105... Like I said it's just a theory... But it's really the only way I could figure this to be happening..

I know this is just a random thought, but hey... What are forums for right???

[thumb] [thumb]

·
Registered
150 Posts
As well as different gears, but I don't think there are any for the focus.
And I think the old governors on cars would activate by oil in some sort of casing that would spin with the engine and after the oil spun fast enough it would leave the chamber or something like that.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
There is a law in place for speedo accuracy.I don`t remember all of it but I think there is a 2 mile before and after limit of exact. But for the top speed It may also be the diffrent computer in the cars..Like some chips are better for some boxes etc..Check the # on your box and then find out the best chip for it and go for higher speed and more revs.. Some are diablo others are the super etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts