Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
/fail
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question to all that have foci and know about the performance side of these little cars. I have a 2001 ZX3 and I already have an AEM intake and a Magnaflow cat-back system on it and it pulls pretty hard. But what I want to know is where to go from here? Do I get some headers, diablo chip, underdrive pulleys? I dont know where I should go from here and i thought that all of you that know a little more about these cars might be able to give me some insight. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. If you want drop me a line at [email protected]. I know I know i used to drive a Prelude but now i have seen the light! lol

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Welcome to the FF board........We do have an official tech on the board and he could probably help you.........he's FocalTech..............:)

Peace.......

·
Registered
178 Posts
well what's your budget???

an easy 90 bucks will get you UDP's and then you can finish off your exhaust, and then a throttle body... You don't need a chip yet, so after that some cam gears and start looking into cams....

·
Registered
793 Posts
man, u should finish off the exhaust first, headers and flexpipe, then go to the udp and cam gears, etc.

·
Registered
103 Posts
udp, header, flexpipe, tb, ported 00, cams, chip

or

udp, ported 00, tb, header, flexpipe, cams, chip

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Well first off several things are dependant, like budget and emissions laws.

First off would be a throttle body.

Second would be a UDP.

Third mod would be either a shorty header/hi flow cat/flexpipe combo or a race header/flexpipe combo.

Once all of that is done, maybe a set of adjustable cam gears, some cams and a 2000 intake manifold, dyno tuned you will be very happy with the results.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts