Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a ? i know it will seem stupid to most ppl but im not the best when it comes to working and knowing all the parts on cars! so plz dont flame me to bad!

my ? is if u get a tubro what all mods can u still do like does a turbo include intake,header? cause i just got a 06 and i saw that the fs is comen out with a turbo and i was wondering what mods i could do now intake,header to my zx3 2.0l now or would i be wasting my money cause u cant use them if u get a turbo kit?

·
Registered
864 Posts
mostly wasting your money. you cant use an intake, or header when you have a turbo.

usually cams arent to good either.
if you really want to spend more money than the turbo, get forged internals, to make your engine better so it handels more boost.
i would say you can get a ecu flasher, but the fs kit comes with one.
you also might think about getting a lighter fly wheel, and a better clutch, possibly the cosworth setup.

Jon

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
magic2119 said:
and just so you know, no questions are stupid. you have to learn some how.
amen to that, ask away!

parts that you can do now while waiting for the FS turbo kit.
Cosworth intake manifold, Balance-shaft delete (if equipped with 2.3L, you have a 2.0 so nevermind), and a Throttle body.

a decent exhaust system 2.5" or above.

an upgraded clutch is recommended. Turbo's can create more torque than the clutch can handle.

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
you say to get an exhaust 2.5" or above if I get a turbo... won't a 2.25" work... I just got the focussport exhaust and I dont wanna have to get a another one when I get my turbo.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Zx3_Chris said:
i have a ? i know it will seem stupid to most ppl but im not the best when it comes to working and knowing all the parts on cars! so plz dont flame me to bad!

my ? is if u get a tubro what all mods can u still do like does a turbo include intake,header? cause i just got a 06 and i saw that the fs is comen out with a turbo and i was wondering what mods i could do now intake,header to my zx3 2.0l now or would i be wasting my money cause u cant use them if u get a turbo kit?

well. if you want to get a turbo kit, the FS one is what im gonna go for in the future, when money permits. but buy mods now that will compliment or help the turbo itself in the future, the biggest of course would be a 2.5" exhaust, which will help ALOT now and even more with turbo setup.

and depending on how much boost you want in the engine and how much power you what your engine to make depends on what you'll need to buy for your engine, such as internals, rods, pistions maybe a crank, valve springs and cams.

remember when you get a turbo, its FORCING the air in, so anything that'll have that extra pressure on it needs to be "beefed" up. the stock internals will be able to take about alittle over 200HP, so ive heard. and if FS is telling the truth about their car. their car is right at 200HP with stock internals.

even though im going for a turbo in the future i still bought an intake now. i got the marcy motorsports intake, one of the cheapest and best made intakes for the focus. trust me when you actually look at the stock intake system on the new focus, you'll cringe and want to rip it right off.

one thing you can do is get your car ready for the added power down the road. like suspension, exhaust, shifting and engine movement(engine mounts).

and no questions are dumb.

·
Registered
489 Posts
sharon5384 said:
you say to get an exhaust 2.5" or above if I get a turbo... won't a 2.25" work... I just got the focussport exhaust and I dont wanna have to get a another one when I get my turbo.
Yea a 2.25 will work fine. You'll just get bigger numbers with a 2.5" or 3" because of less back preasure.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
speaking of FS exhaust, their site shows 2.25inch exhausts for our cars, but their test car showed on the dyno sheet that it had a 2.5inch, either they made a one off for their turbo car, got it somewhere else OR are in the planning stages of a 2.5inch exhaust???

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
The exhaust on the turbo car was the cosworth flexback exhaust.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks everyone for the input and advise ill start with throttle body cluth then suspention i guess thanks again

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
why are you rushing to replace the clutch?

if you are doing drivetrain work do it ALL at once, clutch, flywheel, and lsd.

Start with an intake and an exhaust, then do some suspension work. You'll be much happier.

·
Registered
489 Posts
aero_student said:
why are you rushing to replace the clutch?

if you are doing drivetrain work do it ALL at once, clutch, flywheel, and lsd.

Start with an intake and an exhaust, then do some suspension work. You'll be much happier.
I would agree with that!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts