Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok...wet roads 50 mph clear lane to the right a 1988 dodge ram charger behind you and a car lengths between the two of you...the light ahead of you turns yellow...knowing full well that the ram charger doesnt have abs do you

a)get on the brakes hope and pray he doesnt slide into the back of you
b)get into the clear lane to the right and get on the brakes and let him run the light
c)stay in that lane get on the brakes and say"oh well should have been paying attention moron!) LOL.

Only reason why i'm asking is because i had almost the exact same scenario tonight luckly we didnt hit any yellow lights so I didnt have to worry, I did however keep eye balling him in my rearview.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
b). But before you find a yellow, move over and let him get in front of you, then watch the fun from a safer vantage point.

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
^^^^ both of the above, if I see someone behind me that I know is gonna be trouble, I get out of the way and let him/her by. There is no reason to get in an accident because of something you could have avoided.

·
GoKart and Me!!!
13,487 Posts
If I'm close enough to the intersection when the light turns yellow, I'll go through it in order to avoid an unsafe stop and risk an accident. I would rather justify running the light to a cop if I get pulled over rather than have someone crush my beauty.

·
Panamasian
2,590 Posts
change lanes and move behind him, least you know he won't hit you...but you could have let him hit you and get an ses rear bumper? its up to you

·
Registered
591 Posts
If I'm close enough to the intersection when the light turns yellow, I'll go through it in order to avoid an unsafe stop and risk an accident. I would rather justify running the light to a cop if I get pulled over rather than have someone crush my beauty.

Exactly what you said. I've actually had to do it before, and got out of the ticket because of it.

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
If i have a big ass truck tailgating me, I just move on out of the way. I'm not interested in a pissing contest.

Now, if they come running up on me as I'm approaching a light that is turning I'll drive straight on through. If they follow me across the cops can have fun pulling them over instead. I'm not risking a panic stop and an accident to avoid running a half a second of red.

·
No Mo Fo Fo
3,246 Posts
I would go with B if I was far enough away from the light, if I was too close i'd go through and hope there wasn't a camera.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts