Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Meagan I sent you a PM last week when you posted the first time.
Hmm, I don't see it in my inbox. That's strange. Can you please send it again?

Meagan

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Meagan I PM'ed you again yesterday. Am I supposed to send you the PM via the FordService user?

Anyhow I made an appointment for 8 AM on Fri the 28th.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Meagan I PM'ed you again yesterday. Am I supposed to send you the PM via the FordService user?

Anyhow I made an appointment for 8 AM on Fri the 28th.
That one I did get. :) I'm not sure why your first never went through. Thanks for the update! I'll look into this shortly and PM you back.

Meagan

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Thank you very much. The funny thing is it hasn't been doing it as much since the weather cooled off. I just hope I can duplicate the issue when I take it in to the dealership.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Thank you very much. The funny thing is it hasn't been doing it as much since the weather cooled off. I just hope I can duplicate the issue when I take it in to the dealership.
Sure thing! :)

Meagan

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
So I dropped the car off yesterday morning at 8:00 AM when they opened and got a call at 5:00 PM when they were closing saying that they needed the car longer. I guess the mechanic that they have needs to get a "like car" to compare the two transmissions to figure out what the issue is. I'm going to go pick it up today and take it back on Monday 12/8 at which time I will get a rental car until they are done fixing it.

Kind of a pain in the ass but they are being accommodating after a bit of push back. I'm not sure why they can't do it this Monday or what took him so long to determine that he's going to need the car longer.

So back to the dealership on 12/8 and hopefully they can figure it out quickly.

·
Registered
143 Posts
So I dropped the car off yesterday morning at 8:00 AM when they opened and got a call at 5:00 PM when they were closing saying that they needed the car longer. I guess the mechanic that they have needs to get a "like car" to compare the two transmissions to figure out what the issue is. I'm going to go pick it up today and take it back on Monday 12/8 at which time I will get a rental car until they are done fixing it.

Kind of a pain in the ass but they are being accommodating after a bit of push back. I'm not sure why they can't do it this Monday or what took him so long to determine that he's going to need the car longer.

So back to the dealership on 12/8 and hopefully they can figure it out quickly.

I've had the whole "take it back and bring it back later" stuff too. Pretty common at the ford dealers.

Keep us posted please! I have that same sound and am wondering what it is as well!

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
The car is back at the dealership now. I had forgotten something in my car and when I went back to get it I was actually able to speak with the technician who was working on the car and he couldn't replicate the issue. I told him to take the car for a drive and come back so hopefully he can figure it out without wasting too much of my gas.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
So the dealership called me up last night to let me know that they got the like car and ran them both and compared the sound of the engine and that the (this is the important part) faint rattle noise is normal operation. So I explained to the guy on the phone (of course this is now after the mechanic has gone home) that the noise is not faint. I can hear it inside the cabin of the car just fine.

Anyhow I picked up the car last night and drove it home, parked it, put it in neutral, lifted my foot off the clutch and...rattle rattle rattle rattle

I made a video and I'm going to go to the dealership tomorrow or Friday after work again to see if I can replicate it for them so they can hear it properly. Maybe I'm wrong and it is normal but it just seems too loud to be normal.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
It comes and goes. It's fine when I start it. After driving it a while and coming to a stop. I put the car in neutral, foot on the brake, let out the clutch pedal and it rattles like a mofo. Then press the clutch in and it stops. The thing that's really weird is if I turn the car off and back on it usually stops. Not always but usually. Also it doesn't do it every time. Like today. I came to work and when I parked no rattle. The last time it did it actually was the night I brought it home from the dealership.

·
Registered
637 Posts
That's actually really strange... My suggestion is to take it to the dealer, make sure the tech is WITH you in the car, that way if you can replicate the problem there's no way he can deny the noise.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Yeah that's what I'm going to do at this point. If not next week I'll go the week after xmas because I'll be "working from home" on call all that week.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
It comes and goes. It's fine when I start it. After driving it a while and coming to a stop. I put the car in neutral, foot on the brake, let out the clutch pedal and it rattles like a mofo. Then press the clutch in and it stops. The thing that's really weird is if I turn the car off and back on it usually stops. Not always but usually. Also it doesn't do it every time. Like today. I came to work and when I parked no rattle. The last time it did it actually was the night I brought it home from the dealership.
Yeah that's what I'm going to do at this point. If not next week I'll go the week after xmas because I'll be "working from home" on call all that week.
Keep me updated on this after the holidays. :)

Meagan

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Okay Meagan

21 - 38 of 38 Posts