Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My dad bought me the Blaupunkt Velocity speakers for my SVT focus. We didnt have that much time so the first time we installed only 1 speaker and tweaker and it worked fine, and the next weekend we tried putting it on in the back. We tested it when we were all done and it sounded great. (I dont know what I did so im going to explain everything). While it was on it sounded good and I unplugged it from the glove box to put a better song on, plugged it back in and it went for about 30 seconds and the whole stereo shut off. I didnt know what happened so I came out the next morning and turned the car on, finally i reset it and it worked for like 30 seconds and I turned the car off assuming it now worked again. Later that day I went somewhere and I turned the car on and the radio wouldn't work. I reset the stupid thing and it played music for like .5 seconds and is still doing it a day later no matter how many times I reset it. You can turn the radio on and have it in standby as long as you want but, once you turn on music it shuts off. Just so you know I still have the stock speakers in the front door passenger and the rear driver side.

Please help :D

Thanks,

Graham

·
Detailing Freak
348 Posts
what is the ohm rating on the speakers?

might be something grounding out and the radio is going into protect mode..

what kind of radio, and what are the specs on the speakers?

and why did you only replace two speakers and not all of them?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hey I'm not sure what OHM means but it says here http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_6733_Blaupunkt+Vc540.html (the set of speakers I have)...4 ohm Impedance. My radio is a Kenwood KDC-MP628. Well, now that I know what to do it's easy but, Im only 16 and my dad lives far away( I really don't know what to do). He doesn't have a lot of time on the weekends to do car things lately and when 1 speaker takes like 2-3 hours he doesn't want to do another. the first speaker was put in at like 9/19/08, the 2nd on this past weekend. Hopefully nothing is wrong >.<

Thank you,

Graham

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
ok so you have an aftermarket radio.....Kenwood KDC-MP628

Currently you have the new blaupunkt speakers in the Drivers Front and Passenger rear

You are running stock speakers in the other location

First off why did you not replace the front speakers first? and when you say you have to reset the radio are you doing it via the reset button on the front of the radio? If you are is the radio saying "protect" when it goes out or nothing at all?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, we did the front one first and the next weekend I came I just had my windows tinted and I couldn't roll my windows down so, we started working on the back one. Yeah there is a little button on the front and I push it in and it works fine but, it says nothing at all when it goes blank.

thanks,

Graham

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I bought this car from a dealer in december of 2007 and it came with the car so idk. I'm in the downriver area, about 30 minutes south of detroit. Holy crap, I googled south rockwood and your near Grosse Ile... that's where I live.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
yeah I actually know some people on grosse ile... one day you will have to stop by and i can take a look at it and see whats going on... something tells me its something dumb

·
Registered
117 Posts
it almost sounds like ur getting a short in the speakers somewhere... when u installed the speakers, how did u connect the wires? on my old truck i blew a nice a** system cuz some idiot b4 me did not know that if u leave any unprotected wire end loose it could mess something up. well after driving the truck and the occasional big bumps caused the wires to move around alot and grounded itself sound and caused a short and that burned up the internal amp in my stereo. pull the door panels back out and check the wiring, tape up everything good and look to see if any other wires could come in contact with them. what i do now is i buy shrink wrap tubing, and tape the connections, then test the system out, and then shrink wrap it to ensure its insulated good, plus it helps keep moisture out...it can be a pain pulling the panels off, but once u do it a few times u master it. i have replaced my door speakers in abt 45min. and had everything back together. best thing u can buy is a repair manuel for your car. you learn the proper way of removing the door panels

1 - 11 of 11 Posts