Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK, I posted a while back about some cut wires I discovered on my car a while back and now I know what they are after looking at it today. The cut wires are going to my IMRC (Intake Manifold Runner Control). WTH? I have no idea who or when these were cut, but it was not me and I have owned the car for 4 years. I am getting a very rough idle and even missing under throttle, unless it's floored. I assume the cutting is bad and I should splice it back together. Is there any reason not to? To ensure I have the correct part, the number on it is ys4e-9j559 - maybe an additional "A" at the end.

Also, I have this horrible miss and starting today it dies at a stop light after a while idling. I took apart the air box looking and listening and it has two distinct patterns. One it seems to suck normally, then it sounds like it is strangling for a few seconds, then back to normal. I can also hear the miss in the exhaust, it almost seems as if something is shutting off the air flow for a second. I have no ideas, and I'm noob and will admit it! [:D] I also have a vacuum leak in a elbow at the other end of the hose connected to the PCV valve I found today also, so I'll fix that ASAP.

Sorry for the vauge air sucking sounds, how the heck do you describe a sound? [:D] I tried anyway!

EDIT - Oh yeah, it's a SPI 2.0 engine. [?|] Forgot to mention it, duh!

·
Registered
152 Posts
The IMRC shouldn't cause "big" problems. Alot of fords are driving around with faulty runner controls. Fix that vacuum leak first. Then check your MAF, and clean your IAC. You may have an ignition problem if your missing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts