Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my 2013 Focus hatchback used about three weeks ago, and I learned something new today about the car. A friend of my stepson came over and asked about the spare tire. I showed him the spare tire area, and noticed two plastic pieces laying on the styrofoam area around the tire.there. I didn't think anything of them at the time. Later on I went back into the trunk, pulled up the spare tire cover, and noticed one piece said to replace it after servicing the battery. I pulled both pieces out, and lo and behold, the two pieces fit together to form a battery cover. I then proceeded to install the cover over my battery. Should keep the top of the battery clean.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Found something useful!

My only find that helped was a spare trunk lock rubber surround, didn't realize what it was 'till after I lost one in the car wash & got a replacement.

Toy car under the back seat (only place not cleaned) hasn't helped much....

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
hmmm, what do you mean by battery cover? Mine came with one. I must be on the wrong page.
Well they did buy the car used so we don't know if that was something a prior owner did, or something the dealer did to remove the battery cover and threw it in the back rather than reinstalling it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Well they did buy the car used so we don't know if that was something a prior owner did, or something the dealer did to remove the battery cover and threw it in the back rather than reinstalling it.
I didn't mean any harm, I just thought I was missing something.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts