Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Rear sway bar, lowering springs, CAI, head lights or tail lights.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Wow.. way to make someone feel welcome you bunch of arsehats!! [thumbd]

·
Registered
609 Posts
^^^Agree what a bunch of clown comments. Go with the Steeda CAI for best bang for the buck imo.

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts
Especially coming from a mod. Really, Suss?

If you can, save it until you can build up more so you can do something really worthwhile like a tune, intake (or do the snorkel delete), and exhaust. As somebody else pointed out you could do a little handling work now. If you're more about the cosmetic side of things I can't really help you there.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I would think for $300 you could do a lot.

Snorkle Delete $Free
Drop in filter $50ish
Steeda RSB $140ish
FSworks Motor Mount $15

Leaves you about $100 for dress up stuff (Maybe a nice exhaust tip) and you have transformed your Focus into a much more enjoyable car.

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
Especially coming from a mod. Really, Suss?

If you can, save it until you can build up more so you can do something really worthwhile like a tune, intake (or do the snorkel delete), and exhaust. As somebody else pointed out you could do a little handling work now. If you're more about the cosmetic side of things I can't really help you there.
$300 is a small amount of money as a modification budget.

A tune if you could find a used SCT Ford X-Cal 3, if Tom or someone else could tune it might be in budget if you spent less than $150 on the device as afaik he charges $150 for tuning without buying the $429+shipping X-Cal4 from him, if he can still tune using the older device.

Otherwise a Tune is out of budget at ~399-429 +/- shipping from the two main parties involved (Injected and TurboTom).

A K&N drop in filter or one of the numerous Green Filters available can add a bit more noise to the intake tract while providing most of the benefit of a CAI without the draw back of cost. The closed K&N will maintain IATs better than the open ended options, though it will be quieter.

There are numerous "CAI" kits within the budget, though most are just a replacement for the stock air box that in reality are short ram intakes rather than cold air intakes with exception of the AEM and Injen iirc which both have additional ducting going to the lower front fender well area to pull air in from outside the engine bay.

You could also get a custom exhaust made, or at least do a resonator or muffler delete if you wanted more sound, but a pre made kit is likely also out of budget.

For $300 shipped you may be able to get an OBX exhaust manifold:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OBX-Manifol...Parts_Accessories&hash=item1e9a23393d&vxp=mtr

($249+40 for shipping)

Or you could spend some money on some driving instruction and a high performance driving event and use it towards a driver mod.

For aesthetic purposes one could get some DRL Fog Lamps, or perhaps some of the less expensive projector headlamps, or the European style clear reflector halogen head lamp housings. For around 50-75/wheel they could also powder coat the wheels in any possible powder coated color, etc.

The ultimate possibilities are endless, but without knowing what the goals are it's best to let them make their own decision.

·
That Guy
13,634 Posts

Snorkle Delete $Free
Drop in filter $50ish
Steeda RSB $140ish
FSworks Motor Mount $15

Leaves you about $100 for dress up stuff (Maybe a nice exhaust tip) and you have transformed your Focus into a much more enjoyable car.
This is probably the route I would go, except I would substitute the E-RMM for the FSWerks. Left over funds would go to lighting upgrades-namely ZXE's and getting led's in the interior, but I drive in the dark every morning. You'll notice a difference in power, handling, and vision/aesthetics all in one inexpensive shot so it would be a good ROI for the amount of money spent.

·
Registered
984 Posts
FSWerks RMM insert ($13). Snorkle delete/K&N ($40).

·
Registered
845 Posts
Nobody's mocking the dude. It's just that $300 isn't that much money. If someone is excited about saving up said $300, then I think it's fair to say that it's probably a bit difficult for them to acquire it. Which is why it's probably a good idea to save that money instead of wasting it on a "dash wrap" or CAI. Most of us speak from experience, and are just trying to get someone to avoid making the same mistakes we made once [cheers].

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts

Snorkle Delete $Free
Drop in filter $50ish
Steeda RSB $140ish
FSworks Motor Mount $15

I would say this exactly ^^^. maybe add a shorty antenna and plastidp some of the chrome. or add some mudflaps if you are into that. those mods listed though IMO are the best bang for your buck mods you can do.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts