Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
failed attempt at changing my fuel filter today :( ... depressurized my fuel system fine...was able to remove the clips holding the fuel lines together with patience...but COULD NOT LOOSEN THE BOLT HOLDING THE FUEL FILTER BRACKET AT ALL! it was on there good...after about 45 minutes of trying mixed with dripping fuel every now and then had to reconnect the fuel lines cause it was getting dark...taht of course only took a matter of seconds...nxt time i will bring it in and have it replaced

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
was it rusted or something?

I've never had a problem with a Focus filter, especially the bolt... sometimes the clips can be a little tricky, due to the awkward positioning of the release clips, but the bolt usually comes right outta there.

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Take the whole bracket down from the body of the car (8mm deep socket if memory serves ). Then disconnect the lines and then take the small bolt out of the bracket on the bench, much easier. sorry to hear, it IS up in a hole. Loosening the bracket gets it down towards you and inch or two.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
oh, THAT bolt... I thought he was talking about the bracket bolt

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the responses...none of the bolts seemed rusted or anything...it might have been that my socket wrench just wasn't cutting it lengthwise...i was trying to get the bracket down so that i could then remove the one holding the fuel filter but the bolt holding the bracket on the car wouldn't budge...next time if i try it again i will start with the bolt first before removing the lines like you said viney...then i should be pretty certain that everything else will b a piece o cake

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I just did this last week as part of my regular maintenance routine. I've never had a problem breaking the bolt loose for the bracket mount. Try squeezing some WD40 or similar onto the bolt and let it sit for a while first before removing it from the car.

Those clips can be a PITA too, even with the bracket dropped down.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts