Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was driving home last night from a bday party and I got pulled over again. I don't know whether to get annoyed or feel happy about the officer's reasons. Heres our conversation:

Officer: I pulled you over because the LEDs on your license plate are too bright and I cant see the letters and there are a lot of cars being stolen in seal beach and this car is registered in cypress.

Me: Oh I came from a party and I'm dropping off my friend right now. Plus I didnt know that those LEDs are illegal. (So my friends goes yes officer I live right there... which is the house right next to us. So yea he pulled me over right in front of my friends house which means he'd been following me for a while)

Officer: (Walks to the front of my car and looks at it) So what things have you done to your car?

Me: Mainly body work nothing... nothing illegal.

Officer: Well thats not why I asked you. Thats because I have a GTI and its stage 2 right now. And I love hatches, I used to have a focus ZX3 and then an ST sedan.

Me: Wow nice car...(Now this is at 12 at night and like the officer's lights are all on and shining through my car)

Officer: Yea we meet once a week at Bravo Burger in Huntington Beach. Its mostly GTIs but you should go sometime.

Now at this point I'm just like okay? I just wanted to be like, really? you pulled me over for my LEDs and alleged carjacking and to invite me to your car meet. so i'll prob just go to their meet and befriend him. that way if he sees me, he won't pull me over again.

·
Registered
95 Posts
sounds like you have a new bff.

shit i'll go to that meet with you! i got a zx5. he can be my buddy too!

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
am down to go to that meet so we can be friends wit the cop! loll

·
!FRENCH FRY!
4,236 Posts
idk, my bff jill

scratch that, jill is so last week.

idk, my bff po-po, lol

·
FF God of South FL
2,417 Posts
Sounds like a hook up lol

·
Registered
48 Posts
IF what was said is word for word the officer gave himself up for any PC (probable cause) when he said the lights were to bright to see the plate, but he was able to see well enough to run the plate and get the info that it was registered in Cypress.[neener]

What was really on his mind was that he may have thought you were under the infulance (DUI). Young Guys out late at night????[cheers]

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
IF what was said is word for word the officer gave himself up for any PC (probable cause) when he said the lights were to bright to see the plate, but he was able to see well enough to run the plate and get the info that it was registered in Cypress.[neener]

What was really on his mind was that he may have thought you were under the infulance (DUI). Young Guys out late at night????[cheers]

well it was only 12 at night. he said he pulled me over because he saw like 3 cars come out of seal beach at the same time so he thought i stole my car. but he didnt even scan my friends' plates because he didnt have time to read all three of them. he probably chose me to see the car up close. lol. as for the LEDs i guess you're right, he just wanted "probable cause"

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
That's a funny story LOL. He wants to be your friend [limp]

Anyways, he probably wants to invite you his "meet" so they can start profiling all the drivers in the area as it's probably an undercover sting.

I do find it kinda odd that he had trouble reading your plate because the LEDs were too bright, shining out the letters but was able to find out that your car was registered in Cypress [scratch]. Yeah it was probable cause for him to pull you over and then shit could have hit the fan.... You got lucky buddy.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Well he sounds friendly enough.
The "bright LED License plate lites " was an excuse to pull you over...then look for something to write you up on.

I had a cop pull me over cause i had a plastic license protector on.
i noticed a lot of cops that day writing tickets.

·
Registered
810 Posts
on the same note... i went with nitetimebolher to pick up his new focus so i was the driver bringing it back.. problem is the car came with no plates so nitetimebolher was driving behind me. i was doing the speed limit so i wasnt trippin but all of a sudden i saw a black and white tail-gating me so i thought for sure i was getting pulled over. i merged over to the right just to watch him speed off... dang cops haha[neener]

1 - 20 of 21 Posts