Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed it right away. the shifts are definitely more precise, and it does sit lower than the stock shifter, but the throw isn't as short as i hoped it would have been. oh well, it feels good when you have high quality parts on your car. [thumb]

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
could you take off the anti-reverse lockout or did you have to leave it on?

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'm sure you can, i did it with my stock shifter. but the billit lockout looks so good, i didn't want to. for 139.99, the whole thing is gonna be installed. [:D]

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nah it came up to like 149 after s&h.

·
Registered
565 Posts
good choice to go w/ steeda.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
For anyone with a shifter, check out the metal shifter base used on euro foci. When added along with a short shifter I hear its an amazing combination.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
really? is there anyway to order that directly from europe? if it comes stock, is there a part number to look for?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Me too.

Yea, I just installed my Steeda shifter as well. and while I have nothing to compare it too except the OEM shifter, it is worlds better.
Shifting feels more solid and precise, throw between gears is shorter yet not dramatically so and ofcourse it is lower down. Oh, yea, the billet reverse lockout looks way better than the stock black plastic. Remove it?... naw. It's not like I'm ever in a hurry to throw it in reverse.
Bottom line it is well worth the money because it makes driveing more fun. In fact it feels like the "right" shifter for this car. When i consider the longer throws and taller stick of the OEM shifter it ( the OEM shifter that is) seems out of place on the Focus.
[thumb]

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hey focaltech, i looked on the website and i didn't see it. any more suggestions?

·
Registered
187 Posts
awesome to hear that the short shifter is a good compliment to the focus. i may put off getting a strut tower brace and scrounge around a little more to purchase the shifter as it seems like a good first mod.
for the metal shifter base, y'all were talking about something like this, right? : http://www.newedgeperformance.com/gearconshifb.html

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
What metal shifter base are you referring to? Is it common to all foci, or only the mtx-75? Granted the SVT setup is different, but I'd like to improve my shifts more if I can.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
katulec, i think focaltech was refering to the plastic assembly that the shifter sits in.

·
Registered
187 Posts
hmm, i can't picture that in my head what that is. ah well, i tried [:p]

·
Mtn. Dew
7,223 Posts
Katulec said:
awesome to hear that the short shifter is a good compliment to the focus. i may put off getting a strut tower brace and scrounge around a little more to purchase the shifter as it seems like a good first mod.
for the metal shifter base, y'all were talking about something like this, right? : http://www.newedgeperformance.com/gearconshifb.html

No, that's not what he's talkin about. That's just for looks.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Lil_RedZX3: yeah, i know that, i just don't what they WERE talking about

·
Mtn. Dew
7,223 Posts
It's a plastic base that the bottom of the shifter sits in. If you're installed a short shifter in your car, you're already seen it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts