·
Focusless
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright here is what I have so far:
-Eibach Sportline springs
-Roush shocks
-Roush struts

I have NOTHING else. I was told that I need to buy a few things otherwise I will be bottoming out if I just swap from my stock shocks, struts, and springs to these. Someone said I needed some rubber things or something...? I'm not sure, but my focus is an 02 so I would just like to know the exact names of ALL the things that I need to buy. Also, if you know where I can get them, and get the best price too that would be great. Just remember that my car is an 02 and I would like to replace anything that would be worn out already too.

Thanks!
+Rep for helpful answers

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
Alright you live in WI so you have a bit of snow which means a lot of salt on the road. That salt helps cause your bolts to sieze to the lower control arm bolts. You can't just buy new bushings, you have to buy the whole lower control arm. So if this happens you'll at least have to buy new rear lower control arms and if your really unlucky you'll mess up the bolts and have to buy some of those too. The lower control arms were 70 each for me totaling 146 something and 60 for the bolts.

Oh and also you'll need an aligment. Also think about buying rear camber bolts.

Reactions: _spyder

·
!FRENCH FRY!
4,236 Posts
what insane said, lol. if the stock suspension comes off without breaking anything, as mine and many others do, then you need nothing else. though as already stated, due to the salt and corrosion and all that wonderful weather, it COULD cause a problem, which may lead to needing to replace the things insane said.

you'll need an alignment either way. just part of it. rubber things? i'm assuming like some sort of rubber bump stops? you won't be riding THAT low. i'm on the full roush setup, 1.75" and no problems. you may scrape from time to time depending on a pothole or a slope into a lot or driveway or whatever, but you don't need anything else for that. you're not going that extreme.

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
^^ I've got the same setup but I cut an extra inch off the rear spring so the rear is as low as the front and even with that dont ever hit the bump stops.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
my pro-damper kit from eibach came with new bumpstops.... i have heard of people cutting the stock ones down but i wouldnt recommend it

Reactions: _spyder

·
Focusless
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was told I believe to get:
Upper strut mounts for the front
Shock mount bushings for the rear

Should I indeed get these?

Thanks so far guys, +Rep

·
Registered
240 Posts
i had to cut my bolt to lose the lower control arm which suck though but i actually replaced my bushing only which other stated to buy the new control arm...i when to the junk yard and they had a lower control arm that was bent i only payed 5 bucks and took out the bushing and installed on mine lol so its up to you to get creative and not spend a fortune to do this mod....[clap]

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
I was told I believe to get:
Upper strut mounts for the front
Shock mount bushings for the rear

Should I indeed get these?

Thanks so far guys, +Rep
You wont need upper strut mounts unless u got high mileage. Shock mount bushings for the rear?? never did that either.

Go get a sway bar kit that includes the new bushing and hardware. I know the front sway bar is a bitch with the sway bar linkage but since ur doing ur suspension, do it right the first time. Youll also need adj. camber bolts.

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
i had to cut my bolt to lose the lower control arm which suck though but i actually replaced my bushing only which other stated to buy the new control arm...i when to the junk yard and they had a lower control arm that was bent i only payed 5 bucks and took out the bushing and installed on mine lol so its up to you to get creative and not spend a fortune to do this mod....[clap]
I'd have to say you are lucky you didn't damage them getting them out.

Spyder arm you planning on doing any other suspension mods like sways? If you ruin the bushings you can go to the dealership and get the new LCA that has a extra piece of metal welded to the top of the LCA where the sway connects. It's for added strength. Some people have had it break with the 28.6 bar and others havent. If your going to do this, do it right!

·
Focusless
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You wont need upper strut mounts unless u got high mileage. Shock mount bushings for the rear?? never did that either.

Go get a sway bar kit that includes the new bushing and hardware. I know the front sway bar is a bitch with the sway bar linkage but since ur doing ur suspension, do it right the first time. Youll also need adj. camber bolts.
Well there is around 92,000 miles on the Focus, so I dont know... should I get the upper strut mounts? I will also be getting adjustable camber bolts for my alignment.

I'd have to say you are lucky you didn't damage them getting them out.

Spyder arm you planning on doing any other suspension mods like sways? If you ruin the bushings you can go to the dealership and get the new LCA that has a extra piece of metal welded to the top of the LCA where the sway connects. It's for added strength. Some people have had it break with the 28.6 bar and others havent. If your going to do this, do it right!
I don't plan on doing any other suspension mods. This is just a daily driver, and believe it or not, I am only 16. So, I don't even know what bushings are, or upper strut mounts, or shock mount bushings. I've never even had a look at my suspension so I don't know what any of this is. I am not doing it myself, but I would just like to know what parts I should buy so I can successfully do this without having any problems and have it last.

Thanks guys, and if you know any parts that I could need, please give me a name and place where I can buy them. [ffrocks]

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
You would have been better off getting Mike's FRPP kit. It's $360 for everything you need.

·
Focusless
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, but I got what I have now for only $280 and its all new. Thanks for your opinion tho...

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
Yeah no problem. Good luck though, I haven't heard about that lower control problem though. If so, then I'm screwed. 7 years in michigan winters, plus it has 162,xxx on it.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
I got my springs, shocks and struts... now what?
I was going to suggest beer! prob not what you were looking for, but after reading the replies, maybe so? [cheers]

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
Everything I said aren't things you will need, they are things you might need. Are you putting in the suspension or are you having someone do it for you?

·
Focusless
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Everything I said aren't things you will need, they are things you might need. Are you putting in the suspension or are you having someone do it for you?
I'm having a local mechanic install it, and he has done like 10 focus suspension swaps before. I don't really know how/what to do with any of this stuff... thats why I need your help on what to buy lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts