Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well let me start off with a very fond happy holidays to you all...... with that being said, i woke up this X-mas morning to find a brand new magnaflow exhaust under the tree!!!! i cant wait to install it..... should be quite fun!! Ill try and get some pictures of it as soon as i can!!!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
apparently everyone loves it..... im usually not the kind of guy to get what everyone else has, but after hearing it, i couldnt help.... its just such a nice tone!!!! Im anxious to see what it does to my performance... does anyone have any dyno charts or anything for it?? I already have a MAC shorty intake, so maybe the combination of the two performace mods would actually boost each others performace?! can anyone shed some light?!

thanks

-Jared[thumb]

·
Registered
877 Posts
Nice X-mas Gift! Im ordering mine tomorrow!! w00t!

-Shawn

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
JaeKae55 said:
apparently everyone loves it..... im usually not the kind of guy to get what everyone else has, but after hearing it, i couldnt help.... its just such a nice tone!!!! Im anxious to see what it does to my performance... does anyone have any dyno charts or anything for it?? I already have a MAC shorty intake, so maybe the combination of the two performace mods would actually boost each others performace?! can anyone shed some light?!

thanks

-Jared[thumb]

IMO I could not really tell anything performance wise but it was the first mod i did so i may have been able to tell if i would have did it later on.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Cool, nice present. I just had a Magnaflow installed on Tuesday, and as Saleen said, I couldn't really realize and performance gains, but they might be there. Oh well, Merry Christmas all.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Congrats man!!I've had mine now for 3 months and love the deep tone.I did put the cold air intake and felt an increase in performance.Im just about to order my header and flex pipe!!
Good Luck Moddin!!Happy Xmas!!

·
Registered
456 Posts
Congrats! I have one too, got it like a week or two ago. I bought it for myself as a x-mas gift, lol...

What are you going for next? 65mm TB?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
crap.... i have a problem..... i was looking through the box.... and theres no gasket...... dammit...... im not sure if i need one..... but the "How To library" on Myzx3.com says that its imperitive that i have one..... i got the single walled magnaflow as opposed to the double walled one on myzx3..... but still...... am i gonna need it for my install tomorrow?!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
oh.... and probably my next mod will be to finish up the exhaust...... Headers, then maybe a high flow cat, then the flex pipe..... im pretty sure with the complete exhaust, my Whip should be crackin.... haha..... forgive me for the lame pun..... just watching Indiana Jones.......[whip]

·
Registered
793 Posts
use the stock gasket if its not damaged!!

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Very nice. I have one also. It sounds very good with header, flex and high flow cat.
Mine didn't come with a gasket either. I wouldn't use the stock one since it's a smaller diameter. You might end up having a leak.

·
Boosted
2,814 Posts
i wanted 2 get the entire exaust, but decided 2 get just the muffler, and have my local muffla shop do a custom pipe job for the rest-should be just as good though

·
Registered
23 Posts
I HAVE A ZETEC ZX5 AND I WANT TO DO SOMETHING TO THE EXHAUST TO FREE IT UP SOME, BUT WITHOUT HAVING THE "RICE ROCKET" EFFECT ON THE SOUND, I WANT IT TO SOUND AS CLOSE TO STOCK AS POSSIBLE WHILE BEING LESS RESTRICTIVE. WHICH PART OF THE EXHAUST IS THE MOST RESTRICTIVE, THE FIRST MUFFLER OR THE SILENCER AT THE BACK OF THE CAR.

THANKS FOR THE HELP

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
FOCUS03 said:
I HAVE A ZETEC ZX5 AND I WANT TO DO SOMETHING TO THE EXHAUST TO FREE IT UP SOME, BUT WITHOUT HAVING THE "RICE ROCKET" EFFECT ON THE SOUND, I WANT IT TO SOUND AS CLOSE TO STOCK AS POSSIBLE WHILE BEING LESS RESTRICTIVE. WHICH PART OF THE EXHAUST IS THE MOST RESTRICTIVE, THE FIRST MUFFLER OR THE SILENCER AT THE BACK OF THE CAR.

THANKS FOR THE HELP
Well all of the exhaust is pretty restrictive.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts