Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep, a teenage girl pretended I wasn't there by changing lanes directly into the side of my car using her '98 Cavalier at 35mph. I guess the silver color of my car doesn't show up very well in daylight because she acted like I wasn't there. Crazy.

Attachments

·
I used to drive this
3,342 Posts
Sucks, least noone was hurt. Hope she has insurance. Looks like she scraped the wheel too. Good luck on the repairs.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
I was about to say it doesn't look to bad, but pricewise it's amazing what body work can run to nowadays...

Good Luck!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah we both have Allstate insurance and, yes, the rear wheel got gouged pretty good. Also, the ground effect panel on the bottom is also cracked and scraped as well but it's hard to tell from the pic

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
First off I'd like to say at least nobody was hurt. Looks like a little bit of damage, but fixable.

Was she on her cell phone when this happened? [thumbd]

·
Registered
283 Posts
BoiseSVT said:
Yep, a teenage girl pretended I wasn't there by changing lanes directly into the side of my car using her '98 Cavalier at 35mph. I guess the silver color of my car doesn't show up very well in daylight because she acted like I wasn't there. Crazy.
You could've had her make it up another way.[:D]

P.S. If she's over 18.......and if you're a guy.

·
DTF
3,981 Posts
Re: Re: I got hit last night....

BFocusSVT said:
P.S. If she's over 18.......and if you're a guy.
says who? [paranoid]

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Did she use BlondeStar to report the accident??

·
all grown up
3,949 Posts
Sorry to see your poor SVT in pain but glad to hear nobody was hurt! She was probably voting for an American Idol on her cell phone. It sucks that little teenage girls get away with this kinda stuff with little raise in the insurance! I'm 21 with one speedin ticket and NO accidents in my 6 years of driving...my buddies little blonde 17 year old sister has 2 accidents already that SHE CAUSED and my insurance still TOWERS over hers. Sucks to be under 25 and a guy even if you're a good driver huh? Good luck man! It looks like it could'a been much worse...

·
DTF
3,981 Posts
turbovation said:
Sorry to see your poor SVT in pain but glad to hear nobody was hurt! She was probably voting for an American Idol on her cell phone. It sucks that little teenage girls get away with this kinda stuff with little raise in the insurance! I'm 21 with one speedin ticket and NO accidents in my 6 years of driving...my buddies little blonde 17 year old sister has 2 accidents already that SHE CAUSED and my insurance still TOWERS over hers. Sucks to be under 25 and a guy even if you're a good driver huh? Good luck man! It looks like it could'a been much worse...
i dont know about you but my insurance costs almost cut in half when i turned 21. and will go down again when i turn 25. (no accidents, no recorded tickets)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well...I just had the estimate done by the insurance company and it looks like it's gonna cost about $1700.00 to repair and replace damaged parts. I can't wait to get this taken care of.

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
see if they will spray the rear black panel for ya too, give it that finished look........[thumb]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts