Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
ELVIS LIVES !
2,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My good buddy Paul who is 62 years old and still counting, wants to run me in the 1/4 mile. He called me out for a test and tune at the local drag strip. Like I said he is 62 and is driving a Civic with a turbo. It has 183 hp at the wheels and it has alot of performance upgrades. My Focus is a 2005 ZX3 5-speed with stealth intake and steeda STS. My motor is all stock. I know his car is faster than mine but I have to answer the call. Maybe I can get him sleeping at the line. [sleep] What do you all think [driving]

Attachments

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
That's not rice, it's nice.

Sounds like your gonna get a whoppin. LOL

·
ELVIS LIVES !
2,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes indeed..... I think I am going to get smack layed down on my back side [slap] [hatchet] but it is all in fun.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Take 500 bucks and buy some N20. Then lay the smack down!
Or run him in the 1/8th, he may have more top end, but you still win the TQ battle down low. You may have a chance in the 1/8th.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
i think it is awsome that a 60+yr old man runs a clean turbo honda....
but he has to know that he is going to spank you...

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
i usually hate those, because we have tons driven by chicks on campus here... all silver too >_< but his car is really clean and well modded. just go and have fun :D

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
ask for 5 lengths!!!!

·
Registered
329 Posts
That Civic is clean.. and if you some how beat him, I'll think he'll whoop your ass. For being 62, he's built.

·
Registered
789 Posts
that is a very well done civic. nice and clean. definitely a sleeper. i agree with shadowstrike, that if you somehow do win, he is going to beat your ass.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong but that is a non-vtec isnt' it?

Either way it's pretty clean! I personally would have kept the stock wheels on it and gone all sleeper! LOL!

·
Registered
789 Posts
nope its a vtec. if you look closely at the motor pic you will see it.

·
Registered
340 Posts
lol that's come good stuff. have fun with that!

·
ELVIS LIVES !
2,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yea my buddy Paul is strong as an ox. He just set a state raw bench press record with a lift of 310 lbs. The old goat is a pretty cool dude. And yes he could kick my a$$, so I dont want to upset him to bad. [race] [driving] [chair]

·
Machinery Technician
7,321 Posts
you won't upset him..lol.. cause he's gonna win

·
I.S.A.I.K.I.
5,413 Posts
I'm sure you'll get him. Hopefully he'll remember to take one his Centrum Silver's right when the light's about to change....lol

1 - 20 of 51 Posts