Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cheapo but it works. Its an auto and after I added that snorkel it's been shifting solid. Sounds a lot better with the muffler delete too. Love it.

Added the wiring for the fog lights while I had the bumper off too. Bonus Pic, the "little" spider I apparently had living in there.

Attachments

·
Registered
2013 Focus SE gray 5 spd hatch
1,484 Posts
A lot of people have asked over the years about where and if the fog wiring connection exists for the 2015-18 Focuses that didn't come with fog lights from the factory. Did you take any pics? You might think about starting a how-to thread about it here: https://www.focusfanatics.com/forums/member-faqs-how-to-information-archive.57/
Was your car not shifting right or something? I'm not clear how modifying the air box would change that at all.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A lot of people have asked over the years about where and if the fog wiring connection exists for the 2015-18 Focuses that didn't come with fog lights from the factory. Did you take any pics? You might think about starting a how-to thread about it here: https://www.focusfanatics.com/forums/member-faqs-how-to-information-archive.57/
Was your car not shifting right or something? I'm not clear how modifying the air box would change that at all.
It feels to me the shifts are more snappy, like the car is having an easier time doing what it wants to.

CV6Z15K867B is the part number for the fogs only. There should be a parking sensor only whip, fog/parking combo, and fog only style whip. It seemed like it was hit or miss whether a focus had the plug for that harness or not. I found mine attached to the driver side fog housing branching from the headlight harness. There where holes along the top of the inside of the bumper where it had push clips to route it to the other fog.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
An air snorkel/intake won't make it shift any better or worse. In all actuality, it won't do much of anything for engine performance either especially without a tune and even then you might eek out maybe 1-2 HP from it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I drive my focus 2-4 hours a day, It's definitely giving me healthier shifts. Snappy, like it's not wasting any time. It may not directly affect the transmission, but something is happier.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
When it comes to simple mods like air intakes people's expectations or hopes usually color their perceptions. This has been happening since the first air intake was available for a fuel injected car. Idk, maybe because your car has a small engine it makes it more noticeable when something is different but all the same you didn't up your HP more than about 1% in the best of scenarios.

·
Registered
2018 Ford Focus SE (Sedan)
62 Posts
Right, but that's all it might possibly do. An air intake mod isn't going to affect your transmission in any way shape or form.
This is correct. if you want to add HP and acceleration, you gotta add a CAI, swap out the TB for a 2.3l mustang ecoboost throttle body, and get a tune from Tom. The tune is most important, by far. He can add HP/Torque/adjusts shifting points/throttle response. I did that. On my 6th tune from him now. and a few other things with the exhaust and the car sounds nice and moves a whole lot quicker. makes it a very fun daily driver. I have a pedal commander throttle response controller too for when I am feeling frisky.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This is correct. if you want to add HP and acceleration, you gotta add a CAI, swap out the TB for a 2.3l mustang ecoboost throttle body, and get a tune from Tom. The tune is most important, by far. He can add HP/Torque/adjusts shifting points/throttle response. I did that. On my 6th tune from him now. and a few other things with the exhaust and the car sounds nice and moves a whole lot quicker. makes it a very fun daily driver. I have a pedal commander throttle response controller too for when I am feeling frisky.
I feel like I just commented on your reddit post. I have a 1.0 eco and Tom already told me he doesn't tune them. And unfortunately nobody does. Best I could find are piggybacks. And my understanding of those is the engine will correct itself anyways to go back to normal. What do you have for the throttle controller? I was unsure of those things and I felt quite expensive.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I feel like I just commented on your reddit post. I have a 1.0 eco and Tom already told me he doesn't tune them. And unfortunately nobody does. Best I could find are piggybacks. And my understanding of those is the engine will correct itself anyways to go back to normal. What do you have for the throttle controller? I was unsure of those things and I felt quite expensive.
I went with the Pedal Commander Throttle Response Controller. It has 4 modes: Eco, City, Sport and Sport+ with an additional -/+4 settings. Pedal Commander recently just upped the price by like $100 because they became so much more popular recently. I believe it was around $250 when I got mine. You can find other ones for a bit cheaper, but the pedal Commander is great and it makes it so much more fun to drive.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Cheapo but it works. Its an auto and after I added that snorkel it's been shifting solid. Sounds a lot better with the muffler delete too. Love it.

Added the wiring for the fog lights while I had the bumper off too. Bonus Pic, the "little" spider I apparently had living in there.
Could you drop a link to this snorkel? Looks awesome man!

·
Registered
62 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
What did you do? Take a sawzall to it? I have to add my tip too. Gotta cut the end pipe because its curved on my 2018 SE
Dremel with a metal cutter. The plastic cutter obliterated on contact lol. Instead of cutting, it melted the plastic so I had to clean it up with a knife. Didn't feel like trying to make it look pretty at that time so I threw my pieces together and drove off.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts