Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
/fail
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question for everyone that has put underdrive pulleys on their Focus. First of all I relatively new at modifying my car and i have been looking at all the different sets of underdrive pulleys and i wuz wondering which one everyone uses and gets the most out of Focus Sport, Focus Central, Aem, or Unorthodox, or any other that anyone has had success with. The other thing i was wondering is how hard are they to install? i appreciate any response. thanks

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
easy to install if u have an impact wrench. by hand its tough. afx is said to be the best dyno proven pulley and its the smallest so it should be. ive had fc and afx, like the afx a little more but not much of a dif in power

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
i ordered the fc pulley kit, which comes with two pulleys. i had those put on for 40 dollars. unless you know your stuff i would have someone put them on for you.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
AFX. I've got one but it hasn't been installed yet. I just read on this forum that it is the best one.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
nope. not worth 100 bucks for the change. if u were bored and could sell ur fc 2 piece for 90 id say yeah. but there really isnt much of a difference. car runs smoother with it but the power difference isnt really too noticeable.

·
Registered
697 Posts
what about the esslinger? anyone here much about it or wha?

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
I used the esslinger when I first got my car, then switched to the FC when I was on a FC kick.

On a couple of dynos the AFX didn't perform any better than any other UDP's.

·
Registered
697 Posts
so my esslinger is jsut as good as your afx?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts